Kassadin would like a VU

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hollow Vamp

05-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Tokkelossie View Post
Heeeeell no! We saw an opportunity to level up his particles and took it, but that was not the Kassadin VU. There is quite a bit more that needs to be addressed on Kass to bring him in line with our current quality bar.

PS: Name change happened! Hope noone's too thrown off
Hey thanks for the quick reply! And thanks for the answer even more! You got me hyped enough, just purchased blade queen lissandra and harbinger kassadin

NinetyNineTails

05-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalibra View Post
What? "... when working on him"? Come on man. Please start his VU. You're killing me here. lol
I'm pretty sure they've already started his VU. These things take time and they won't announce progress until it's almost done. I think most of us were surprised to see Karthus' VU announced; Riot must have been working on it for months before surprising us all. I imagine that Kassadin will be the same way.

immortalibra

05-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNineTails View Post
I'm pretty sure they've already started his VU. These things take time and they won't announce progress until it's almost done. I think most of us were surprised to see Karthus' VU announced; Riot must have been working on it for months before surprising us all. I imagine that Kassadin will be the same way.
I'd like to think you're right but if they did start him already, then this thread would be pointless. Unless by "start" you mean the concepting phase

LordBloodevil

05-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot JxE View Post
Kassadin is definitely high priority on the VU list

What about an Ultimate Skin for him as well?

Riot Tokkelossie

Character Artist

05-29-2014
11 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
Ag man, is jy uit Suid-Afrika? Lekkeeeerrrrr!
Ek is ja! Lekker om te sien daar is nog n paar van ons wat hier rond dwaal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalibra View Post
What? "... when working on him"? Come on man. Please start his VU. You're killing me here. lol
'When' could be past, present or future right? Riot Seb recently did a Champion Update post discussing what the priorities were, and Kass isn't on there so it's safe to assume he's still a good ways off.
We do start thinking about reworks very early though, and do a lot of iteration and exploration to make sure we're nailing the direction for when full production begins (ie: when the actual final assets are being made). The sooner we have conversations like we're having in this thread, the more informed and prepared we are for that part of the process, so it should help move things along.

Here is Riot Seb's post FYI:
http://community.na.leagueoflegends....n-updateupdate

immortalibra

05-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Tokkelossie View Post
Ek is ja! Lekker om te sien daar is nog n paar van ons wat hier rond dwaal!

'When' could be past, present or future right? Riot Seb recently did a Champion Update post discussing what the priorities were, and Kass isn't on there so it's safe to assume he's still a good ways off.
We do start thinking about reworks very early though, and do a lot of iteration and exploration to make sure we're nailing the direction for when full production begins (ie: when the actual final assets are being made). The sooner we have conversations like we're having in this thread, the more informed and prepared we are for that part of the process, so it should help move things along.

Here is Riot Seb's post FYI:
http://community.na.leagueoflegends....n-updateupdate
Gotcha. So I have a question, (sorry if I'm getting annoying) so if we're going by Riot Seb's Champion Update post, is Sion the next VU? Which is mentioned to also be a ways off. "Kass isn't on there so it's safe to assume he's still a good ways off". No other specific VU are mentioned besides Sion. Just wondering

qihengng

05-30-2014

Can we please have an Anivia visual upgrade please, a texture upgrade is not enough

Xhader

06-01-2014

Let's keep in mind this thread is about what Kassadin should represent thematically & artistically for each individual so Riot can get a cohesive idea & (hopefully) expedite his VU. That being said, can we please not turn it into another thread where everyone lists their favorite character that's in need of an update? Give your opinion on Kass!

immortalibra

06-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhader View Post
Let's keep in mind this thread is about what Kassadin should represent thematically & artistically for each individual so Riot can get a cohesive idea & (hopefully) expedite his VU. That being said, can we please not turn it into another thread where everyone lists their favorite character that's in need of an update? Give your opinion on Kass!

^ Could not have said it better myself

Riot Tokkelossie

Character Artist

06-07-2014
12 of 12 Riot Posts

Thanks for helping keep things on topic guys

Immortalibra: Sion is the only champ VU that is currently being discussed, but there are numerous other champs in various stages of development/exploration. The reason we prefer to hold off on confirmations until champs have moved to the final stages of development is because unforeseen things can sometimes push the schedule out or cause priorities to shift. A certain map VU might be an example of such a thing

Until we know that we have a fairly clear path to release, we don't want to create excitement and then let everyone down if we hit a speed-bump and have to delay it.