NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LucidFlux

06-06-2014

This thread was from 2012... wow...

Prince Roxas

Senior Recruiter

06-07-2014

Riot
Please
For
the
love
of
god

WILDZDAREDWINE

tripleamp

06-07-2014

bump

Cedriel

Country Manager Chile

06-07-2014
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rank1 WC3 USeast View Post
need an update on progress at least...with some actual details and not a bunch of vague statements.
We try to be transparent on what we do and why we do it: that's why we're doing things like patch previews, post content ahead of time for feedback on PBE, write dev blogs and interact directly with players in the forums, twitter, reddit and such. Unfortunately, there are things about which we can't say much until we have something to deliver.

For instance, take a project that is still in an early stage and is undergoing a lot of testing and revision. Anything we show you is going to create excitement and set expectations, but what we actually launch might end up being very different, to the disappointment of a great many people who were anticipating something else. Sometimes, we find along the way that what seemed like a great idea turns out to just not to be fun in practice, and simply never release it because it would've been a pretty bad player experience. We messed up bad with Magma Chamber on this one, for instance.

Another example would be projects that are large in scope and technically complex. Sometimes these things change mid-development, or we find out that some problems were more complicated than we anticipated. Particularly when you're doing new things, deadlines can slip. If we promise stuff and fail to deliver, you have a right to be pissed at us. We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver!

Finally, there are projects that we simply have to be vague about for security reasons. Security often plays out like a cat-and-mouse game in which hostile parties come up with creative new vectors for attack and we come up with counter-measures. Spelling out in detail what those counter-measures will be ahead of time amounts to giving these people advance notice, and making them less effective. For instance, we're working on solutions to reduce or eliminate the pain that players feel from DDOS and drophack attacks, but we can't really talk about what or how.

We recognize that East Coast players are not getting the same quality of service that West Coast players do—and we're committed to doing something about that. Wiser heads than mine are working on this. Unfortunately, if their work hits any of those points—and almost any solution will—there's just not much we can say until it's ready or near-ready. It's frustrating to you because it feels like we're not listening, and it's frustrating for us because there's nothing that we want more than to show all the cool stuff we're doing to make League of Legends better—but there are good reasons for it.

In the meantime, all we can do is apologize for not being good enough, thanking you for your patience, and telling you that we're working on it.

WILDZDAREDWINE

WILDZDAREDWINE

06-07-2014

open this b4 2015,or there would be a problem

I AM GOIN HAM

06-07-2014

hey Cedriel,

Why do all the players living on the east coast need to pay almost $20 to transfer to LAN?

A Server that is already on the East Coast...and in America.

WILDZDAREDWINE

06-07-2014

dude,hear this,once i have 20ping faker is gonna be my son.

Neo Cyrus

06-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDZDAREDWINE View Post
open this b4 2015,or there would be a problem
Honestly the ping issue is such a ****ing joke at this point that I'm considering quitting, leaving my account which I've spent a ludicrous amount of money on, and just only playing Smite and DotA 2.