We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0 0

06-05-2014

Will we get a duck? Please add a duck in the river because ducks are cool.

GJ on the update btw. Liking it so far!

Xyltin

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
Part of updating the map will require a recreation of the mini-map. At times during PBE development it is likely to be buggy, It will be accurate before it goes live.
I did talk about the live minimap. It is that buggy for a long time. I talked about it when the HUD remake annoucement was made.

I myself are often watching who is not close to me instead of looking who is and then I don't see the one peron that is shopping and think we are all grouped.

But I am happy if there will be a new minimap. And with the the current work philosophy it definitely won't end up with such problems.

Nimir Rah

06-05-2014

I don't know if you've answered this already or not (if so I'm sorry, you've answered a lot already), but when you do decide to ship this out to us, will you be doing so bit by bit like you've done with the new sound engine, or will you do it one big huge patch? When I say bit by bit, I mean in patches over time and then putting it to live at once at a later date? Not sure if that's even possible though...

TigerScream

06-05-2014

Quote:
Part of updating the map will require a recreation of the mini-map. At times during PBE development it is likely to be buggy, It will be accurate before it goes live.
Is there any reason that the minimap can't just be like the community-created minimaps? They are so much clearer because they literally are a miniature version of the map.

Also, this would be a perfect time to fix the kind of issues with it as shown here

Penteano

06-05-2014

Meh I knew Riot would ignore the semi locked debate till players forget it so they wouldn't need to worry about this...

Overlord Malz

06-05-2014

Quote:
It should be much better than what you currently get. We have optimized our tech and art approach to help SR be leaner and faster.
Yay! So if I have an FPS dip, I assume it'll be higher than 60. I'm happy to hear this.

Fateborn

06-05-2014

Will the Baron still have those tentacles thing we saw in Twist of Fate in final version? I didn't see any in this (just weird claws things that I presume Baron uses to swim through ground.)

DW iRek

06-05-2014

ddos attacks are a problem...hold on we're stealing the tiling from dota right now

Lord Vocu

Recruiter

06-05-2014

can you turn the camera angle so the map is balanced like twisted treeline and crystal scar

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

06-05-2014
46 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proximus D View Post
I've flipped the current SR map in LoLReplay and it mostly looked fine. The brushes seemed a bit weird and some backsides of tombstones lacked a bit of detail, but it looked to my layman's eye like an afternoon's worth of work could fix it. So I was wondering why you didn't implement your 2009 flip solution up to this day...

Now I'm wondering if your "our new map only uses 1/8the the polygons of the old map" means that we we won't get a flip option ever, because all of your trees, tombstones etc. won't have polygons, textures and so on on their back sides.

It doesn't mean that we will not get a solution ever, but yes it does mean that there are no backfacing polygons.