We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

F0ND

06-05-2014

Also, will there be a revamped animation for people who have blue/red/baron? And will the buff transfer animation be updated?

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

06-05-2014
17 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Darrel View Post
How will Nunu be affected by the jungle monster changes? His q buffs were all named after the jungle monsters. Are the buffs going to be renamed or changed?
I am a Nunu main. We aren't ready to talk about the solution yet, but this concern has not fallen through the cracks.

Deathshroud09

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormpooid View Post
Attachment 980959

i like current rift better tbh
I think i know how they increased performance now. Decreasing the number of trees and how they are rendered.

xImaginaryfriend

06-05-2014

it looks awesome but the old models definitely all need VU now

Riot Tiki

User Research

06-05-2014
18 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyMage View Post
Please no, Riot Tiki. Pls. I can't stand listening to those two dorks ramble on. It was... neat(?) the first time, but 400 ARAMs later and I've started screaming obscene responses at them irl.
Definitely good feedback, and that's something on our radar. We are planning to tweak the frequency to make it a better experience. So you know, less repetitive

009Deathwolf

06-05-2014

Can we have more minor "non-aggro" creatures like butterflies, squirrels, little birds and all that stuff in the areas where its more lush and green
like for example when you enter the lushy more green parts, there are squirrels that run away into caves or trees or hide somewhere when they see you, while in the more barren areas you'll find creatures like vultures or ravens etc that fly away which were feeding on dead skeletons maybe???

I feel these would breathe a bit more life into SR

JARZZZZ

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormpooid View Post
Attachment 980959

i like current rift better tbh
If you think about it, there is a reason why the environment is toned down in terms of color saturation/vibrancy. Imagine taking red buff and a Lee Sin jumps in out of nowhere. All of the skill particles and effects could be mixed with the current colors of SR's red camp and before you know it, he stole your red buff. The "duller" colors will allow us to easily see the skill effects and make plays much more efficiently. At least that's how I envision it.

MiyokoShadow

06-05-2014

tbh I kinda liked how the golems looked like marshmallow men

Furi Kuri III

06-05-2014

Looks like Dota II

Dr Uundor

06-05-2014

i'm going to be to busy staring at all this magnificent glory to actually be slaying my enemies on the rift