We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sivir Boob

06-05-2014

Wouldn't older champs look even more outdated with this new SR? I mean the difference would be easily noticable now. :/

Professor Darrel

06-05-2014

How will Nunu be affected by the jungle monster changes? His q buffs were all named after the jungle monsters. Are the buffs going to be renamed or changed?

F0ND

06-05-2014

I will say this update looks amazing.

A few questions though:
1. I saw on the dev blog post they talked about fixing the camera angle and skillshot readability on the edge of the screen. What do you mean by this?
2. Is it within the realm of posibility that we will be getting an option to change the camera angle to that of say twisted treeline or something? Call me a noob but every game in my life I've played has had a locked camera, so that's how I like to play, and purple side is extremely awkward to play on a downward angle.
3. I saw someone post it in a comment on youtube and I have to agree, I feel like the Nexus, being the main source of power for a summoner, should look more epic, and more like its drawing power or emanating it. The crystal fits perfectly though

Mormpooid

06-05-2014

Name:  rift.jpg
Views: 1641
Size:  194.9 KB

i like current rift better tbh

Snowdayy

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
Is there anywhere we can get the full track that was used in your Pre-Beta footage video? It sounds amazing and I want to hear the whole thing
Same for me, it would be nice if you guys would release it to us.

Bunny Killer

06-05-2014

Has this map been designed with the possibility of flipping the camera in mind?

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

06-05-2014
16 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimir Rah View Post
It looks great, it really does. There are two things I find odd: We'd have to wait for the Dragon to do that roaring, running around the rock thing every time we come to it, right? Visually it all looks great, just wondering about the time it'd take when taking dragon is a time essential thing sometimes.

The other thing I'm really more worried about is whether this will produce lag on my computer. I know Howling Abyss was changed recently and that doesn't lag like it used to at all. I'm hoping this won't lag either, but I know things never go smoothly in the beginning.

Otherwise, it looks really, REALLY cool and I love all of it. Kind of odd to see, not totally used to it. Oh, the third thing I'm wondering about is ward placement and whether the rocky areas will have changed too much. Will the vision of wards be enough in the old placements or will it have changed because of the surroundings?
Dragon is timed so that he is attackable in the same spot and the same time that he currently is.

We are being very very very careful to ensure that this update is as performant as the map that you are used to. On most computers this map actually performs better than the live map. We accomplished this by putting pressure on our textures and stripping tons of polygons out of the map. The map now uses 1/8th the polygons in most places on the map. I think you will be very happy with the result. We learned a lot of lessons from Howling Abyss.

Laithes

06-05-2014

This is obnoxiously good work. All I need now is ping below 100 to make this an awesome day!

FlamingPaperCup

06-05-2014

My only problem with the new update is while the Elder Lizard looks amazing, he doesn't look like a lizard anymore, more of a living tree type beast. Are you planning on redoing the camp sort of like how the Wraith was replaced? Or will you be doing some work to make the camp look more, lizardy?

Death by Lulu

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ballvt View Post
Are the camp spawn animations just on the initial spawns at 1:55, 5, 15 or everytime? How will this affect things like Lee Sin's Q over the wall to dragon/wolves/blue , Blitz's Rocket grab?
I heard them say somewhere else (I think it was on the community beta that if the animation for the camp is say 2 seconds long and the camp is supposed to spawn at 1:55 then the animation will start at 1:53 so lee and blitz can still land their skillshots on them, also there will be a white light that appears when the camps become targetable.