Summoner's Rift Detailed Art feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaVaG3xTuRt1e

06-04-2014

Holy pre-vu trundle, you actually listed all that stuff RiotForScience? That is amazing! Rito, hire this ma-...oh wait.

Get Swoll Son

06-05-2014

I imagine a lot of this stuff depends on a very large update and modernising of the game's graphics engine and shaders** , but one thing I'd love to see is a slight increase in the size of the map, and minor increases in the complexity of jungle and river. It'd open up more strategies, make more interesting plays possible and generally increase the number of routes and approaches. Before you do any of this, though, or pretty much anything else on the now rather long list of features and upgrades to consider, BRUSH VISION AND BLUE SIDE'S CAMERA ADVANTAGE ABSOLUTELY MUST BE FIXED!

In terms of overall feel, whilst it would be nice for SR to retain a somewhat 'fun' feel, I echo others who've said that they'd like the whole thing to look a lot more realistic and higher fidelity, and more reflective of art that's produced than its current cartoonish, disproportional and unrealistic in-game interpretation.

Thanks for listening.

**hello 4-5 year old shader .dlls 2-3 iterations behind 'latest' (in a discontinued API)

Nyxilis

06-05-2014

One problem I have with the rift is the addition of the new big Wraith jungle mob. The problem is why was it a wraith in the first place? We already had two different looking ones in the existing wraith camp so it feels like you guys just rushed out a mob you already had with a paint change.

Could change it to something else woodsy, a bear, mountain lion, crocodile, or if you want something mythical there are dryads, treants, and a host of other creatures to put there to maim.

Hyrum Graff

06-05-2014

One last thing: I'd like to see an option in settings that essentially allows you to reduce the amount of *clutter* on your screen without reducing the *quality* of the content that *is* on the screen.

Also, what does *** mean, on the end of items in your list?

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

06-05-2014
87 of 97 Riot Posts

We are finally ready to show the world the updates that we have been making to summoner's rift. Please check out our preview video.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/node/17076

I would love to hear your feedback!

Nyxilis

06-05-2014

Wow, looks like you guys have done what I cared about most which was mob variety and uniqueness. Bravo, bravo. It sincerely looks so gorgeous, I can't wait to get my hands on trying it out when it finally lands!

XxJohnnyOxX

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
We are finally ready to show the world the updates that we have been making to summoner's rift. Please check out our preview video.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/node/17076

I would love to hear your feedback!
Hi Again RiotForScience!!! This MAP LOOKS AMAZING it really satisfies all the needs about SR, Congratulations about your work and all your team!! Keep DOING THIS WONDERFUL THINGS !! (cough- DOMINION -cough)

RemusNeo

06-05-2014

It looks fantastic!!!! Really really good job guys, well done. It looks like a new game! (in the good way) The Baron, Dragon and all the jungle monsters are amazing!
And the lanes look awesome, minins, turrets and nexus are just wow..and that background you can see on the edge of the map is beautiful.
Just one question, is there night in the jungle and day on the lanes? Or the time will change from day to night like in Dota 2?

xOMETHx

06-05-2014

I can't say anything bad about it. It's perfect. I've been googling "summoner's rift VU" every day since February, and today I finally saw it. Mine eyes doth not deceive me. I literally cried tears of joy. It's beautiful Riot. It's...It's ****ing beautiful.

gulgolet2000

06-05-2014

I had a really long nerdgasm
I love you rito
ty for listening to the players! <3
Also thank you RitoForScience for hearing all that feedback and passing it on to the environment team!
This is seriously, the BEST THING EVER.
Also, me and my friends yelled and screamed about how awesome is that. Also, pass it on that we really like the new Buffs and Monsters! And the quality and/of graphics are amazing! (Everything is super amazing, from the ****ing awesome Shopkeepers- Yordles and Yaks are awesome- and the awesomely animated new monsters to the mother****ing dragons in the background/landscape around the Rift. ALSO, Summoner's Rift is ACTUALLY A RIFT! <3)