About our future audio engine

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiery Tibbers

05-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentSwan View Post
Out of curiosity, why don't you play with sound?
Well, in my case with the no sound part it was because I didn't have a decent computer to be able to run league and the sound at the same time. It would drop my frame-rate to 0-5 whenever the announcer speaks. Now though I have a brand new computer I just never really saw the point in sound when someone could listen to music somewhere else. But that's just what me and a couple of other people had to do. May be possible he had the same case?

Also, I know you aren't the person to be talking to about this. But, Whenever cait has her passive stacks up and she has the bulls eye thingy she doesn't damage the inhibitor. Not sure why I havn't had the chance to try and repeat the bug but it happened in a ranked game yesterday thought I would say something about it.

Comboman77

05-26-2014

I think the fact that Swan is posting way faster than any Red I've seen before confirms his excitement

I'm all for sound, and music was mentioned. Does this mean we'll get new soundtracks in-game or more frequent login screens?.

Terax6669

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2014

Quote:
I can't promise it will fix all of the issues you see, as each persons setup is different. Though whether you are in 2.0 or 5.1 you shouldn't hear any loss of sound.
Looks like we didn't understand each other.

Problem 1 occurs when:
5.1 in audio drivers + only using headphones (so left and right channel) = i can't hear anything that's currently at the bottom of the screen (because there are no speakers behind me). I guess you could say that's intended and more a driver issue than game issue.

So that wouldn't really bother me BUT... and here's problem number 2:
5.1 in audio drivers -> Start game -> change drivers to 2.0 (in case I'm not clear enough) = Sound broken. NO SOUND IN GAME. Only way to fix it is to exit the game and reconnect.

DariusDemiurge

05-29-2014

I just want to say, that summoner name is pretty fantastic imo, not that BelligerentSwan will see this, but great name.

kayimbo

06-03-2014

i found this thread because i had a "great idea" of writing a positional audio plugin for mumble, lol already totally made and supported.

audio is so cool.

belligerent swan, i have a ton of questions about stereo imaging. In particular it seems like most of it is based on what early electronics could do easily, rather then how the ears work. if u ever wanna talk algorithms our mumble server is:

mumble.wetfish.net

CrimsonCzar

06-03-2014

But what about upgrading from Adobe air?

BelligerentSwan

Sr. Sound Designer

06-04-2014
18 of 19 Riot Posts

Hey All,

We've activated the New Audio Engine over on the PBE for the next day or so. For anyone that has a PBE account, we'd love to hear your feedback!

http://community.pbe.leagueoflegends...tinued-testing

Masterfiends

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2014

please give my ears pleasure audio man senpai

Sasquatchcc

Recruiter

06-04-2014

Quote:
Hey All,

We've activated the New Audio Engine over on the PBE for the next day or so. For anyone that has a PBE account, we'd love to hear your feedback!
Feedback... I see what you did there

Xmastero

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaControl56 View Post
More scaling on Audio ratios?

Legit.

Thnx Riot!
Patch 4.11 Patch Notes

Audio:
Q:
Scaling increased from 0.5 to 0.9

R: