Where Has IronStylus And Grumpy Monkey Been? I Miss Them

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Boojum Snark

06-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Taric is in progress, very very early steps to be honest.... But Sion is my focus these days, and he's going great. I'm Really happy with how he's turning out so far.
I just hope Emerald Taric stays the same shade of green when he is VU'd. That was the first skin I bought, just because the color was so awesome.

Rauron

06-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
So yeah, she's on the radar, and I'd very much like to execute on the concept that's currently hanging around, but I'm in no way sure as to what sort of timeline she's on yet.
What aspects of LeBlanc do you personally find engaging? What visual elements do you personally consider to be the most problematic or simply uninteresting?

It would, of course, be silly to assume Changes Exactly As Stated just based on your answers to those questions. I'm not trying to bait out any concrete details about where she will end up, and doubt you could/would give them anyway. I'm just curious about your individual perspective/experience/etc.

miumachi

06-04-2014

Any news on a visual update for Irelia? I'd love to see Zeronis do her updated concept, especially after what he did with Karma!

FinalBoss Wilson

06-04-2014

Oh man, Eve. All of her abilities are solid. Intelligently stalking into lane to turn a close fight into a sure win. The limits of her revised "always on" stealth are effective limits on her power but not crippling. Whatever her thematic rework I'd cry to see her lose much on her current kit. Her ult is really the only place I'd think she'd need it. But here's hoping whatever they come up with is solid.

Rauron

06-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by miumachi View Post
Any news on a visual update for Irelia? I'd love to see Zeronis do her updated concept, especially after what he did with Karma!
As much as I take issue with the Karma remake, I totally agree that the design and style surrounding her visuals would work wonderfully for Irelia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalBoss Wilson View Post
hatever her thematic rework I'd cry to see her lose much on her current kit.
Her kit already got its changes. It likely won't be touched; what I've read from Riot makes it sound like a set of changes dealing more with the artistic aspects of her. Lore, art, design, model, etc.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

06-04-2014
14 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
What aspects of LeBlanc do you personally find engaging? What visual elements do you personally consider to be the most problematic or simply uninteresting?

It would, of course, be silly to assume Changes Exactly As Stated just based on your answers to those questions. I'm not trying to bait out any concrete details about where she will end up, and doubt you could/would give them anyway. I'm just curious about your individual perspective/experience/etc.
So I think the "deceiver" thing is the most interesting. I don't think it's appropriately represented at all currently aside from her.. ya know.. clone. But I think she has some untapped arcane, high-society, druid thing that could really go the distance thematically and visually. Making her this adviser/counterpart to Swain from this secret society. It almost reads like the character archetype of Melisandre from Game of Thrones. I'd love to take that idea and pump it up.

There's some cool dichotomous costuming we could do, or maybe something with masks, I dunno. I think there's opportunity, even if she is just a standard female mage in terms of basic form.

Visual markers for me that have to stay are the giant collar, cape, head thingy, half revealing dress, dual-tone color palette, that sort of stuff. Honestly just taking what she is and putting a lot of style and quality, while also integrating some sort of motif that speaks of being two-faced. I'd like to get a couple more costume elements in there that could be ported over to skins aside from just the cape and collar.

Moobeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2014

But birdman, what about a teemo skin!?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

06-04-2014
15 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miumachi View Post
I actually did the most recent concept for Irelia that we have internally. Actually.. it's the only one.. Not sure if no one wanted to take her on or what.

While not being too specific, I combined aspects of the new Karma and some form language from Yasuo. Personally I feel that she should be the quintessential Ionian military commander.

Again, all of it could change.

oDEIIL

06-04-2014

Out of all the champions, How come we havent had anyone mention Jax once? His model is really small

Letsgetcooking

06-04-2014

The parrot is here.

Parrot Parrot on the wall,
When is Cho'Gath getting tall?
I got nothing, sorry.
What i'm trying to say is: when is Cho'Gath, one of the biggest(fufufu)figures of the League, is getting a rework? I love him to death and i'd like to have some info on my favorite VoidMonster.

In fact, i have a lot of questions:

Will his appearance change with his number of stacks he have? Not just size, but like some armor or something, to make him look more unkillable.

Will you keep his voice? It's unique and i love it. Maybe change it with the amount of stacks, but i'd like Cho'Gath to keep a vicious voice, not like Vel'Koz(who could probalby run for president with that voice, i'd vote for him)

School girl Cho'Gath. It must be done.

Can he get a special interaction like Fizz's shark on Yordles? Make them disapear or hang in his mouth for hardcore reasons, if possible.

What is your point of view towards the identity of the Terror of the Void? What is he suppose to look and feel gameplay and lore wise by your opinion. (That's the most important question)

WILL HE KEEP HIS OMNOMNOMN JOKE?

Sorry for this assault of questions but i really like Cho'Gath and i don't want to be disapointed by his VU.