Where Has IronStylus And Grumpy Monkey Been? I Miss Them

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sexiest Varus UK

06-03-2014

Grumpy Monkey delivers.

Voluug13

06-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
7.Malzahar is not discussed often but his model is in serious need for a VU. I know you guys will get to all champs eventually, but has he been discussed?

I talked about him just today! I think he might be more in line for a TU, just a fresh coat of paint and some model tweaks rather than a full on VU.
Whatever you do, please PLEASE give Shadow Prince actual Yellow spell particles instead of purple. PLEASE.

immortalibra

06-03-2014

I can't even lie, those were some good answers. Wasn't a lot of fluff and was straight to the point. Thanks for answering man. Seriously. VUs are my absolute favorite thing about this game. Wish we could have them release more often.

And yea I've seen pictures of that guy and his hair. Should do shampoo commercials

Matezoide

06-03-2014

Hey, Grumpy, in case you see this ....

The small update on the PBE for Pentakill Mord/Sona was met with heavy criticism. Are they WIPs, or finished?

Also, is Mord in the radar for a VU, at all?

Sorry for being so annoying >_>

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

06-04-2014
4 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matezoide View Post
Hey, Grumpy, in case you see this ....

The small update on the PBE for Pentakill Mord/Sona was met with heavy criticism. Are they WIPs, or finished?

Also, is Mord in the radar for a VU, at all?

Sorry for being so annoying >_>
I don't know if they are finished to be honest. I think the goal was to clean them up and make them less noisy to better fit the current lower contrast/easy read texture style we like. Since pentakill is getting some attention because of the bad ass album, I think skins team wanted to give the Pentakill skins some attention. The main complaint I am seeing is that a lot of the visual noise that was conveying metal material, has been lowered in contrast. At any rate, if they are slated for this patch then it's out, but that doesn't mean we can't update a little here and there after the fact. As for a Morde VU, hell yes! Most likely next year though...maybe...don't hold me to that.

Linna Excel

06-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
11.What about your job frustrates you?

I hate my Commute
How bad is it? I've known of people who have close to an hour and half drive one way.

Ptarlorr

06-04-2014

I haven't heard any word on Singed and am very curious whether he's slated for an update anytime this year. Have you heard any Singed discussions around HQ?

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

06-04-2014
5 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linna Excel View Post
How bad is it? I've known of people who have close to an hour and half drive one way.
I live in Irvine 53 miles away from Riot HQ, why you ask? Before I was Grumpy Monkey, I was a mild mannered 3d artist working at a place called Blizzard, located in Irvine ca, and I just never moved. Irvine is just too awesome for the wife and kids, So I suck it up and drive 106 miles every day to work. To keep from going insane on the 405 I listen to audio books, usually self-helpy leadership stuff, like "Seven habits" or "Art of Leadership", or I sing really really loud in my car.

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

06-04-2014
6 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptarlorr View Post
I haven't heard any word on Singed and am very curious whether he's slated for an update anytime this year. Have you heard any Singed discussions around HQ?
There have been discussions, nothing set in stone yet, just experiments really.*no pun intended*

DemiluniS

06-04-2014

@Grumpy Monkey, I don't get how evelynn isn't a top priority yet, she recieved a remake at the same time twitch did, but he got his VU already done, and eve isn't even set for this year, because you can't decide who she is. How much of a problem is to sit as a team for a few hours and have a conversation about what she supposed to be, she's always left in the corner, no love for the widowmaker