Annie and Soulstealer?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phoxly

01-03-2010

The usual Annie builds seem to be way to cliche, its like Rod of Ages, boots, and thats it. There's a tank guide on page 4 that uses that, there's 2-3 other annie guides on pages 2 and 3 that use that. Unless your getting your Rod of Ages in the first 10 minutes, its not really getting put to its full use. There has to be another way to play her. I think a REAL tank Annie would focus on lots of survivability and getting ganks and assists to stack up her soulstealer.

When I play annie I get atleast 2 kills in the first 10 minutes, and then by the time 15 minutes rolls around I have a Rod of Ages. With the same money a Rod of Ages cost I could get a Mejaj's Soulstealer (around the time I got a catalyst) and a Glacial Shroud, then by 20-25 minutes in, get a Frozen Heart?

Thoughts?

darkarsenic

01-03-2010

frozen heart/glacial shroud doesn't give you protection against anything except for dps, and even then very little protection(as they still have abilities to hit you with). soulstealers isn't so great imo on annie since she doesn't need too much AP, RoA is perfect for her as it gives her a nice mana pool to play with with survivability, laning power(catalyst keeps you going for a while), and some nice damage as well. after that void staff is all you really need for damage, it cuts down people who stack magic resist, and works well overall. If you really just want 1v1s, or the other team is really tanky you can just grab deathfires instead, and slapping that before/during your combo practically ensures death. cooldown reduction on annie isn't too needed but its nice to have, but her disintegrate is already on a low cooldown anyway.

Monxide

01-03-2010

Well, probably mejai's + glacial shroud + negatron cloak would be more effective than a RoA, later you can turn your shroud into FH and negatron to banshee veil. It will help you a ton to keep your charges of Mejai's

Phoxly

01-03-2010

Then why not Banshee's Veil and Meja's?

Catalyst, Meja's, and then Banshee for serious team fighting? It seems like I always end up with around 8 kills a match, and 10 assists cause I am ALWAYS in a team fight.

Phoxly

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarsenic View Post
frozen heart/glacial shroud doesn't give you protection against anything except for dps, and even then very little protection(as they still have abilities to hit you with). soulstealers isn't so great imo on annie since she doesn't need too much AP, RoA is perfect for her as it gives her a nice mana pool to play with with survivability, laning power(catalyst keeps you going for a while), and some nice damage as well. after that void staff is all you really need for damage, it cuts down people who stack magic resist, and works well overall. If you really just want 1v1s, or the other team is really tanky you can just grab deathfires instead, and slapping that before/during your combo practically ensures death. cooldown reduction on annie isn't too needed but its nice to have, but her disintegrate is already on a low cooldown anyway.
Maybe void staff is what I am missing to fill that void I feel like I have with her.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

soulstealer is fairly good on annie. i use it from time to time. it helps secure victory in some situations.

since the burst damage from mejai is so great, i use it to counter some carries like twitch or corki.

normally, i go a bit magic resist instead.

darkarsenic

01-03-2010

it is, it really is, void staff pretty much makes you unstoppable at that point, there is nothing that they can really do about it besides banshees and stacking HP, if you have archaic knowledge 55% magic penetration+ sorcerers boots is nothing to laugh at. RoA is my everything with annie really, unless the other team is like all tanks or something, you'll have enough damage for a team fight along with mana and health.

if i get a few kills early i might get catalyst, boots, then mejai's, then RoA, but its not too necessary, unless you plan to carry the team, since it'll make everyone go for you first and you can bait them into stuns and back off till your cooldowns are back up.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

annie's specialty is aoe stun. she's one of the very few mages that can aoe stun. the nice thing about hers' is that it's instant and deadly.

in ocmparison, veigar is a trap that may or not proc. veigar's aoe damage is weak.
morgana's is melee range, easily avoidable, and has quite a delay.

Phoxly

01-04-2010

Just played Annie with the typical

Catalyst
Boots
Rod of Ages
Finish Boots

Routine and threw in a banshees after that, went 5-0-10 with her, didn't really start pwning faces until after I got the Banshees and started getting agressive with her. For the first 20 minutes of the game I was mostly 0-0-2, soloing mid of course. (I always try to solo our lane if they let me, or if we have a jungle warwick, I'll solo)

Number9

01-04-2010

What is it that people are doing that secures them at least ~2 kills in the first 10 minutes?

I typically do alright when the game is done; soloing mid in the beginning and helping the team with AoE stun/nukes in the end - but I can't fathom consistently getting 2 kills that early. Sure, I'll occasionally have that happen, but more times than not, it'll be because someone comes up to mid to help me with the gank...

Typical gear setup:
-Sapphire Crystal + 2 health pots
-Boots of speed
-Sorc Shoes
-Deathfire Grasp
-RoA
-Void Staff
-(Survival item: Banshee/Guardian)
-Zhonya's Ring (I don't think a games gone on long enough to actually complete this)