Kassadin would like a VU

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArcticSirius

05-25-2014

I don't play Kass, but as someone who enjoys the game I think Pre-void should not contain a hollow voice. Keep it human. Like, whenever this VU happens, use the actor's voice before you void it up. That's just my opinion. In terms of art direction, I think the Kass players will give you a better insight on what to do ^_^

immortalibra

05-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticSirius View Post
I don't play Kass, but as someone who enjoys the game I think Pre-void should not contain a hollow voice. Keep it human. Like, whenever this VU happens, use the actor's voice before you void it up. That's just my opinion. In terms of art direction, I think the Kass players will give you a better insight on what to do ^_^

Yes I agree

Xhader

05-26-2014

Hate to keep posting so much on this thread, but I have to say that if the updated Deep One Kassadin skin doesn't look somewhat like Cthulhu, I will be thoroughly saddened. Tentacles ftw

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xMVLS5Z3C3...lhu+Detail.jpg
http://www.andysowards.com/blog/asse...on-d31fcvd.jpg

Hollow Vamp

05-26-2014

so his particle update wasn't the last of him? I'm really wanting to get harbinger kassadin in the hopes it will become epic in due time, same reason I bought warmonger sion, in preperation for VU/relaunch, Would it be worth it to pick harbinger up? or would a future VU still leave it relatively unchanged compared to default?

edit: As for what would I like in his VU? more thought into deep one, a vo for pre void and a color change probably, now for Harbinger, definitely needs to match the splashart more color wise, a bit darker, and his abilities should be corrupted, like a added spell effects, have his blade with W glow a bit red, a red tinted Q, mayve E force pulse could haave a red lightning kinda corruption feeling come out over it as well, and red corruption sparks in his rift walk too, would be amazing and guarantee a purchase for many people >.> suggesting this because Harbinger is supposed to represent what he would be if he had given in pretty much, should have a much darker feel to it

Hollow Vamp

05-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Oom View Post
A champion that really needs a VU is Sion. I have some ideas how he should look if he gets a VU. Maybe more people will play him more if he gets a VU.
Hes been booked for a full relaunch for a while, it'll be here eventually

Ironstryde

05-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosEidolon View Post
Wow...I always thought Harbinger Kassadin's blade looked derp, I can't believe I never noticed that. I think you're right Proximus D. I'm gonna see what I can do to get that fixed. Nice catch, thanks for pointing it out!

Kassadin is very high up the list of worst offenders in the visuals department. As JxE mentioned, he's definitely slated for a rework. I am particularly invested in his update, as he's been my favorite champ since beta.

I can't discuss timelines unfortunately, but I would actually love to talk to you guys about what you'd expect from his base visual update and all of his skins. In what ways do they work for you, and in what ways do they not hit the mark?
I would love to see him with legs. I'd like to see him feel more kinetic and powerful. Oh snap here comes this floating mushroom cap with a pasted on body purple clouding in my direction! I want him to take a lunging step as he is swallowed up by the Void vengefully reappearing behind you ready to shiv you with a tainted power knife!

I'd really like him to feel like the Void has so shredded his physical form that he really needs the life support just to function. Its energy still sustains him though and keeps him looking menacing. I feel like he shouldn't look overly fancy or ornate. His costume/suit should scream rugged efficiency. This is the look he must bear to dispatch those that seep from the Void. I'd really like his stabs and swipes from his blade to look much more meaningful (especially W.)

This guy is a mage killer. He should look like a swift but stout assassin. He can take a shot but deliver an even stronger one back. I just don't think he should be so floaty. He needs to look like a guy who can really scrap with Cho'Gath.

immortalibra

05-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Vamp View Post
so his particle update wasn't the last of him? I'm really wanting to get harbinger kassadin in the hopes it will become epic in due time, same reason I bought warmonger sion, in preperation for VU/relaunch, Would it be worth it to pick harbinger up? or would a future VU still leave it relatively unchanged compared to default?

edit: As for what would I like in his VU? more thought into deep one, a vo for pre void and a color change probably, now for Harbinger, definitely needs to match the splashart more color wise, a bit darker, and his abilities should be corrupted, like a added spell effects, have his blade with W glow a bit red, a red tinted Q, mayve E force pulse could haave a red lightning kinda corruption feeling come out over it as well, and red corruption sparks in his rift walk too, would be amazing and guarantee a purchase for many people >.> suggesting this because Harbinger is supposed to represent what he would be if he had given in pretty much, should have a much darker feel to it

I agree. I imagine Harbinger with red-tinted particles. Maybe red and black or red and purple. Imagine that skin to be how he would look if he gave into the Void completely

Riot Tokkelossie

Character Artist

05-27-2014
10 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalibra View Post
ChaosEidolon, wondering if you still check this thread. Along with IronStylus and the Relaunch Team
Yup! I am indeed. I've been checking back from time to time to see what people have been saying and I'm pretty pumped to see that it's been in line with a lot of what I'd hope to see for Kass myself. I'm hoping the thread keeps going. The more perspectives we have on what people expect to see, the more informed the team can be when working on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Vamp View Post
so his particle update wasn't the last of him?
Heeeeell no! We saw an opportunity to level up his particles and took it, but that was not the Kassadin VU. There is quite a bit more that needs to be addressed on Kass to bring him in line with our current quality bar.

PS: Name change happened! Hope noone's too thrown off

Cuix

05-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Tokkelossie View Post
PS: Name change happened! Hope noone's too thrown off
Ag man, is jy uit Suid-Afrika? Lekkeeeerrrrr!

As for Kass, figured I'd chime in just a touch. I don't play him, never have, but I remember enjoying reading about him whenever he popped up in the JoJ. He seemed like such an interesting figure, mysterious and creepy but absolutely sympathetic. Then he shows up in game and is... 12-pack abs and a skirt? Scuba gear? I dunno.

I'd like to see him keep a little bit of his near-fetishistic *** appeal in, like, a Traditional skin or something, 'cause this game still doesn't have much male eye candy, but his default skin should be a lot more cohesive imo. The void blade is cool, but what about his other hand? Shouldn't there be a device there to focus his other abilities, like the sphere? I don't mind guys in skirts, but it'd be great to either see his feet or get some cloth movement that shows his lack of legs (I honestly don't know if he has legs). His headgear is interesting, but it'd be nicer to see some equipment for his head/torso that really seems to make more sense with the fact that he's channeling Void power. Bonus points if his overall design starts to move a little bit more towards "scary hero", with cleaner lines and sharp-angled shapes. And, uh... maybe fewer horns/spikes? I mean, what and why are they...? Yeah.

I guess I'm on the side of really big changes to his look. His origin story is great, and all of the lore surrounding him was way cool, but it doesn't really show when he's on the Field.

immortalibra

05-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Tokkelossie View Post
Yup! I am indeed. I've been checking back from time to time to see what people have been saying and I'm pretty pumped to see that it's been in line with a lot of what I'd hope to see for Kass myself. I'm hoping the thread keeps going. The more perspectives we have on what people expect to see, the more informed the team can be when working on him.
What? "... when working on him"? Come on man. Please start his VU. You're killing me here. lol