Should Taric be nerfed?

OMFGHESOPYES!1!1! 20 7.35%
Yes. 36 13.24%
Nah. 216 79.41%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Should Taric be nerfed? (Y/N, discuss.)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TonsOfAngryBears

12-14-2010

Pretty self-explanatory. I say no, for the following reasons.

1. He can't tank super-effectively late-game.
  2. He can't burst super-effectively late-game.
  3. He can't carry super-effectively late-game.
What does that mean for him? He does all of the above but doesn't excel in any of the roles. If you nerf away his sustaining abilities, (Imbue, Radiance,) then he's going to be pointless. I love Taric; I think despite what a lot of people say, playing him well takes a fair bit of skill. However, without Imbue and Radiance he'd be reduced to a pretty crappy jack of all trades. He wouldn't be able to tank anywhere nearly as effectively, and his capacity to deal damage would also take a fairly severe beating.

I think Taric is fine as he is - he isn't OP, but he rounds out a good team and offers decent support lategame. Even uber-fed he won't destroy worlds.

What community think?

Zileas

VP of Game Design

12-14-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Not sure, but I can tell you he is probably OP in terms of total team contribution, but we aren't going to nerf him specifically, even though we may tone back his sustainability powers as part of an overall change to many characters.

SHREK lS LlFE

12-14-2010

zileas no. if anyone has more sustainability it is zilean, he revives allies...and he is far from broken. Leave taric alone.

Voyager I

12-14-2010

If you want to change his heal, make it something expensive that can be used to save allies in battle (ie, a significant commitment of resources) rather than just nerfing it to uselessness.

Cynical Moose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2010

His tankyness should be buffed - more support tank items would be appreciated

But his overall sustainability needs to be reduced - a slight nerf to his heal (single target only with a slight stat buff? - this will make its timing more important) and his passive gives him mana so he can basically never run out of mana and hp

Kawaii Jeshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2010

yes taric needs to be nerfed hes too strong right now

TonsOfAngryBears

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Not sure, but I can tell you he is probably OP in terms of total team contribution, but we aren't going to nerf him specifically, even though we may tone back his sustainability powers as part of an overall change to many characters.

Can I ask why you feel this way? Imbue is a pretty decent heal, but if you want to play healbot Taric you suffer in other ways and he isn't as fantastic at his other roles.

Is shatter a concern?

Crusalis

12-14-2010

Quote:
Why don't we just remove support from the game entirely? Isn't this game about doing as much damage as possible and not anything else?

xOYQyuqpZHcxpDk2

12-14-2010

Quote:
I'm waiting for "We're going to be completely removing support from the game, there ability to support is overpowered. They'll be replaced with overpriced skins and generic champions which people wont even remember in 3 days"

JunkRamen

12-14-2010

Duo laning as something that isn't Sona, Janna, or Taric against Sona, Janna, or Taric really sucks.