OSX client broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Renegade Angel95

05-22-2014

So since about the Vel' Koz update. I've had crash issues. 4.7 increased it even further. With 4.8 I thought it was fixed but yet again. A crash just a game ago. It's completely random with no consistency. I've repaired my permissions and whatnot. I've tried repair client but nothing works. I randomly crash left and right. At baron, at base, under tower, under enemy tower, in a team fight, in lane. The 4.6 patch stopped bug splat AFTER games were finished but introduced crashing in the actual game. It's VERY aggravating and can ruin a game completely. Has anyone had ANY luck trying anything to reduce crashes?

I'm on a MacBook pro with OSX 10.9.3. 16GB of ram. Intel HD4000, etc etc. It's a Mac, you know the generic hardware. Any ideas?

FreakinUnoriginl

05-23-2014

Is it happening in all game modes or just certain game modes?

I've been doing fine on ARAMs, Team Builder, and Twisted Treeline; occasionally Co-op vs. AI. The only things I don't play are Dominion and Ranked.

I notice no one has been mentioning what kind of game they were playing when they crashed; I don't know if there's anything that would make the client act different in a ranked game vs a normal, but with no answers on anything else, might as well start asking.

Renegade Angel95

05-23-2014

Well it happens on Aram. I don't play Twisted Treeline. I mostly play summonses rift. Normals. However I have Ben playing ranked and doing my provisionals which I crashed in all 10 of those games at least once. I somehow still managed to make silver on my first account even through crashes. But I crash pretty often. Once a game about 3-4 times in a row. Sometimes I'll get 2 games maybe even 4 without a crash. There isn't a point in asking for any consistency really because there is literally no consistency at all. I am unable to send reports however. I have crash reporter off and that means bugs plat doesn't work. I get the dock icon but no window. I have crash reporter off because I develop for OSX or at least try to (simple things) so I am unable to get crash reports. However I still have the logs.

davl3232

05-23-2014

Mine crashes with every mode out there, once every game.

Renegade Angel95

05-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by davl3232 View Post
Mine crashes with every mode out there, once every game.
Pretty much the same here. I might get lucky every now and then and a game or two runs fine but it's consistently garbage. Randomly. 60 fps steady all game. Plenty of free memory and CPU power. Crash. And it's usually fine after. Ever since about 4.6 this has been an issue. But 4.7 was awful. 4.8 is the same.

Renegade Angel95

05-24-2014

Crashed three times in one game. No consistency at all. Still haven't seen anything helpful or useful at all and I've been looking. What caused this to happen when there were no crashes (except the bugsplat on manual exit) from 3.8-4.6 because I never once crashed in a game until those.

EDIT****

Crashed a record breaking 7 times in a game. It's now unplayable. How on earth could you break something so horribly in one update.

Adamosaur

05-24-2014

Oh gosh, just came here to see this thread after my games/client kept freezing.

It happened in a normals game, so I reconnected and finished the game fine.
Next game, ARAM it froze twice once 10minutes in, then again a minute or so after I'd reconnected. By the time I had reconnected a third time, the game was over/ending.

Then, I played a Dominion game, and it froze constantly, starting at 6 minutes in game. I'd reconnected (loading screen) it'd freeze after about 20-30 seconds of movement in game. It happened 4 times in a row, and I just stopped playing. I really hope this is just an issue with this patch, or the skins, or something, because these other posts are freaking me out that Lol will be unplayable for me. A real shame since I love the game

Scartafist

06-26-2014

OSX Client has been broken for a while