About our future audio engine

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mizzhap

05-22-2014

Does this mean we can expect to start seeing things like announcer packs for league or more unique character taunting/banter?

SecondCitySaints

05-23-2014

This sounds like an amazing update, I really can't wait to see it..though I guess I should say hear it. Really looking forward to some performance gains.

Now we just need the NA server to stop crapping out at about 9:00 PM EST every night. :x

ThisFrustrates

05-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubbems View Post
It's probably just a game-wide thing, except maybe mac.
awwwwww not for macs :'( I didn't want better audio anyways

Orionos00

05-23-2014

Sounds great,

I have a suggestion,

I would love to see a custom music playlist which could play the songs located in your computer. Because going back to Windows to change songs or adjust volumes is a real pain.
I can imagine it as a new menu entry (in game) where you could put the path to your songs plus a minimalist player added to the game UI (play / pause ...).
I've never seen this on any other game, could be a great exclusive feature.

h2omid

05-23-2014

I went last week and saw two giraffes, zebras, and penguins. I was dehydrated though, bc their water was $2.50 and strategically place their drinking fountains where it smells like poops.

BelligerentSwan

Sr. Sound Designer

05-23-2014
4 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
I should be happy... but all I can think of is the bugs that will result.
As always, if you find a bug (with the current or new audio engeine) let us know! If it is an audio specific issue, feel free to report them directly on the Audio Section, or for general issues the Bug Reports Section. Also, if you have a PBE account, stay on the lookout for periodic PBE tests where the engine will be activated.

BelligerentSwan

Sr. Sound Designer

05-23-2014
5 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epichuntarz View Post
Is this going to let me mute character voices without muting the entire game's sound? Seriously-Nidalee and Vi's grunting make me want to puke when they're in game with me. I need to hear sound effects that AREN'T their voice effects, however.
You can currently do this already! When in game, open the settings menu, select sounds, and click the small speaker icon at the end of the "Voice Volume" slider to mute the in-game voices.

BelligerentSwan

Sr. Sound Designer

05-23-2014
6 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsKingBoo View Post
Is this supported by Windows XP which is the current OS I'm using?

I currently cannot switch to 7 since my computer cannot support 7 and I don't have the funds currently
If you can run the game, you shouldn't have an issue with this new audio engine! If you run into any problems though, feel free to report them over in the Audio Feedback section, or the Bug Reports section.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2014

so will greyor (the ghost of the howling abyss) finally be localized to being ONLY IN THE BASE instead of hearing him drone ON AND ON AND ON AND ON while my camera is in the middle of the lane or the purple base? i dont want to turn all character voices off, i just want him to be localized better.

BelligerentSwan

Sr. Sound Designer

05-23-2014
7 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubbems View Post
It's probably just a game-wide thing, except maybe mac.
As I mentioned in the other post, you shouldn't have an issue with this new audio engine. If you run into any problems though, please let us know about them in the Audio Feedback section, or the Bug Reports section.