@Riot, This bait and switch was just Wrong.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FlamingoFondue

Senior Member

05-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The vast majority of changes I've made to Riot's business practices have improved both player trust and player value (as measured by player surveys and other metrics). I understand it's tempting to cherry pick aspects of changes you don't like to make your point, but are you really that confident that my presence has been bad for players?
you're a scapegoat. Take it like a man.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LiftsLikeGaston

Senior Member

05-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The vast majority of changes I've made to Riot's business practices have improved both player trust and player value (as measured by player surveys and other metrics). I understand it's tempting to cherry pick aspects of changes you don't like to make your point, but are you really that confident that my presence has been bad for players?
I am. Most the changes that you've made, or at least I assume you're the one making them since you are the eCommerce lead, have lessened my view on Riot and some have just absolutely shattered my trust in the company. Not to say there haven't been some good changes (champs being 7800 on first week of release is ok with me because it stops them from being absolutely spammed), but most I just don't agree with or feel are a slap to the face of older players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JinzoClash

Senior Member

05-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
You're missing the point - there's nothing to plan for. Balance changes don't affect pricing and content launches and vice versa. Why would we need special access to information? It would only create the temptation to do the kind of underhanded stuff that you like to accuse us of.
Are you sure that's not exactly what happens?
New champ comes out, I imagine all teams were aware of that, and then one branch goes " ok, let's nerf it now for the next champ or skin to take the spotlight".

It just feels like that's how you guys have been.
This Pantheon thing was just so blatant, that it personified what people already feel about how business is conducted, y'know?

People's trust in Riot has not increased, not at all.
Not when people who first showed me LoL can "predict" when a nerf is coming.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LiftsLikeGaston

Senior Member

05-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
You're missing the point - there's nothing to plan for. Balance changes don't affect pricing and content launches and vice versa. Why would we need special access to information? It would only create the temptation to do the kind of underhanded stuff that you like to accuse us of.
While we know at this point that balance changes don't affect skin pricing, I still feel that your departments need better communication. Something like this should never, and I mean never, slip by and not make it into the patch notes. Whether it was a bug fix, nerf, or however you want to view it, it should never "slip through the cracks" or be missed. Especially not when Riot is such a huge company now. I think that's what most people mean when they say you guys need better internal communication.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GMB Vamp13

Member

05-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
You're missing the point - there's nothing to plan for. Balance changes don't affect pricing and content launches and vice versa. Why would we need special access to information? It would only create the temptation to do the kind of underhanded stuff that you like to accuse us of.
ideally everyone should know what is happening in the company and be able to better prepare for this kind of lashback from the community. assuming you knew about the massive nerf, you could of pushed the skin back a month, once ppl stopped complaining about the nerf.


but the actual problem here isnt even you. its morello. a bug thats been present from launch of the champion has a special way of crawling into our hearts and be a defining character of that champion, and instead of fixing it, it should probably just be balanced around instead.

a good example is the riven wall hop. that was the RIGHT approach to it. this is the wrong approach to it.


then again this doesnt really concern you, get morello in here so i can yell at him instead


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajorPain9

Senior Member

05-20-2014

Nothing to plan for? How about a decent communication so situations like this won't happen. Did riot seriously think that this type of response from the community wouldnt happen? It screams sketchy. If anything just incompetent.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

05-20-2014
8 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinzoClash View Post
Are you sure that's not exactly what happens?
New champ comes out, I imagine all teams were aware of that, and then one branch goes " ok, let's nerf it now for the next champ or skin to take the spotlight".

It just feels like that's how you guys have been.
This Pantheon thing was just so blatant, that it personified what people already feel about how business is conducted, y'know?
There is no Rioter I know that would want to work for a company that made choices like that. Sacrificing team morale and player trust for a few pennies may be the norm at some companies but it's the furthest thing from reality here. Almost everyone at Riot (me included) was a player first and still has that mindset.

And because it's random, there are so many examples where we nerf champions before skin releases as well. Then we get threads talking about how we're stupid instead of devious.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xyltin

Senior Member

05-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftsLikeGaston View Post
I am. Most the changes that you've made, or at least I assume you're the one making them since you are the eCommerce lead, have lessened my view on Riot and some have just absolutely shattered my trust in the company. Not to say there haven't been some good changes (champs being 7800 on first week of release is ok with me because it stops them from being absolutely spammed), but most I just don't agree with or feel are a slap to the face of older players.
You don't agree that older champs are getting cheaper more frequently?
You don't agree that we have a price sytem for skins that makes sense?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChronicRainboom

Senior Member

05-20-2014

oh sh*t its Hipplau$. Hide yo kids, Hide yo wife.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noxe Out

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-20-2014

The thing is, Riot, you guys mess up a lot. How can people not think that?