@Riot, This bait and switch was just Wrong.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akali is SO HOT

Senior Member

05-20-2014

Yeah it is pretty pathetic that it had been a known "bug" for 4 years and they conveniently leave it out of the patch notes by mistake and tell everyone after they buy the skin. Very pathetic Riot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kachori

Senior Member

05-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akali is SO HOT View Post
Yeah it is pretty pathetic that it had been a known "bug" for 4 years and they conveniently leave it out of the patch notes by mistake and tell everyone after they buy the skin. Very pathetic Riot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachomp View Post
Maybe because it is a huge nerf? Of course I notice this yesterday AFTER I bought the DS panth skin. Such bs and you know it.

Whats the point of his ult if he cant cast his w until after he lands.. If your going to keep it this way you need to shorten the telegraph time of his ult that his enemy sees. Otherwise it will be impossible to r wq e anyone.

Or you know, keep it how its been for 4 years...

Pretty much this. It was not a bug fix, he has been like that since release. But of course you do this bug fix after DS panth comes out and not even release it in patch notes. So wrong and sketchy. Everyone who bought this skin should be entitled to a refund.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JinzoClash

Senior Member

05-20-2014

Riot sure does make a lot of accidental mistakes.

All the time.

So clumsy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epitãph

Senior Member

05-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinzoClash View Post
Riot sure does make a lot of accidental mistakes.

All the time.

So clumsy.
Because you've never made a mistake before. Amirite?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

05-20-2014
5 of 10 Riot Posts

As a Pantheon main, I agree the changes suck. But even if I beg Morello in the elevator, our team has no say on balance changes, bug fixes, or anything else. And they don't tell us what's coming.

Also, I believe Player Support has been giving refunds in situations where players no longer want the skin because of these changes (EDIT - confirmed but only through Friday). There haven't been any announcements because it only affects a few players, but I don't think there's still an open issue there. I'll make sure Bubo knows the latest so he can stop arguing about it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Send Me Lewds

Senior Member

05-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
As a Pantheon main, I agree the changes suck. But even if I beg Morello in the elevator, our team has no say on balance changes, bug fixes, or anything else. And they don't tell us what's coming.

Also, I believe Player Support has been giving refunds in situations where players no longer want the skin because of these changes. There haven't been any announcements because it only affects a few players, but I don't think there's still an open issue there.
Hmmm, I normally don't like you because of the way you've changed Riot's business practices, but this is the correct course of action. For once, you've done the correct thing. But while you're here, is there any chance at all of people getting more refunds on their account? I mean three for a lifetime? That's a bit small, especially for someone like myself who spends a decent amount on the game and often times changes their mind or doesn't quite like what they purchased.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GMB Vamp13

Member

05-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
And they don't tell us what's coming.
wow.

you guys seriously have some major internal issues if this is true. you need to fix your communication.


you guys are not indie. you guys arent a small company, you guys are not limited by resources. saying "balance guys dont communicate with rest of company" is NOT acceptable.

youre now in the big times, and you guys need to start acting like it, instead of coming up with excuses like these. Its really unacceptable. sure, you didnt know about it. thats great, but from now on, you guys need to communicate between teams. all teams should be aware of what the others are doing so they can better plan for it. especially when its a multi billion dollar company that is not in any way restrained by resources. seriously.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

05-20-2014
6 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftsLikeGaston View Post
Hmmm, I normally don't like you because of the way you've changed Riot's business practices, but this is the correct course of action. For once, you've done the correct thing. But while you're here, is there any chance at all of people getting more refunds on their account? I mean three for a lifetime? That's a bit small, especially for someone like myself who spends a decent amount on the game and often times changes their mind or doesn't quite like what they purchased.
The vast majority of changes I've made to Riot's business practices have improved both player trust and player value (as measured by player surveys and other metrics). I understand it's tempting to cherry pick aspects of changes you don't like to make your point, but are you really that confident that my presence has been bad for players?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JinzoClash

Senior Member

05-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
As a Pantheon main, I agree the changes suck. But even if I beg Morello in the elevator, our team has no say on balance changes, bug fixes, or anything else. And they don't tell us what's coming.

Also, I believe Player Support has been giving refunds in situations where players no longer want the skin because of these changes. There haven't been any announcements because it only affects a few players, but I don't think there's still an open issue there. I'll make sure Bubo knows the latest so he can stop arguing about it
Thanks for that. And that's what i meant... YOU might be honest, but your coworkers are not necessarily all on that same page.

Now damn, if a red can caringly report on this, why has no one gone to the "we want URF mode back" threads?
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...06740&page=162


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

05-20-2014
7 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB Vamp13 View Post
wow.

you guys seriously have some major internal issues if this is true. you need to fix your communication.


you guys are not indie. you guys arent a small company, you guys are not limited by resources. saying "balance guys dont communicate with rest of company" is NOT acceptable.

youre now in the big times, and you guys need to start acting like it, instead of coming up with excuses like these. Its really unacceptable. sure, you didnt know about it. thats great, but from now on, you guys need to communicate between teams. all teams should be aware of what the others are doing so they can better plan for it. especially when its a multi billion dollar company that is not in any way restrained by resources. seriously.
You're missing the point - there's nothing to plan for. Balance changes don't affect pricing and content launches and vice versa. Why would we need special access to information? It would only create the temptation to do the kind of underhanded stuff that you like to accuse us of.