@Riot, This bait and switch was just Wrong.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IrkZ

05-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity98 View Post
The mildly intriguing thing about this is that she has little to no association with the people that do these changes. She doesn't know how that works, and inversely, the balance team doesn't know how commerce works. Additionally, you're not inclined to buying the skin, some people only buy the skin because it looks good. All I see are people complaining, and a lot of you probably don't even main Pantheon.

(I'm being logical by the way)

She works on the fcking eCommerce team

Jean Never Wins

05-19-2014

so when are we getting an actual explanation for the delay in the "bug fix"

besides the usual "hurr durr we only patch every other month"

Furi Kuri II

05-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Weeaboo View Post
+1
+1

1v1 me at turret

05-19-2014

Quote:
The mildly intriguing thing about this is that she has little to no association with the people that do these changes. She doesn't know how that works, and inversely, the balance team doesn't know how commerce works. Additionally, you're not inclined to buying the skin, some people only buy the skin because it looks good. All I see are people complaining, and a lot of you probably don't even main Pantheon.

Balance and commerce work hand in hand. If Commerce doesn't know what the balancing team is up to, they can't weight the value over the potential loss of changes made by the balancing team. Take a look at the Feral Flare champ/skin bundle that came out a few weeks BEFORE the nerfs to FF. They knew their window was closing on making a profit on the popularity of feral flare, so they went ahead and pushed a quick bundle which included some skins that were sought after.

BuboBubo

Business Analyst

05-19-2014
4 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by i Need Sponsors View Post
Then the simple question is:

If Riot acknowledges that it was an oversight and mistake on their part...

Why not simply give those affected an RP refund instead of your service team telling them to piss off?

Riot departments REALLY need to start communicating better, because it seems like you either don't know, or don't care how you come off to your community.
I respectfully disagree. I think it is a good thing that the team that works on gameplay don't think about the impact it might have on revenue. If we were spending time coordinating what's necessary for gameplay (bugs, balance changes, etc) with its impact on skin revenue then I would be more concerned.

And I apologize if my responses are not ideal or come off brusque, the topic is just very close to home.

i Need Sponsors

05-19-2014

Quote:

What does maining a champ have to do with an injustice? I don't even own the champ, and if this happened to anyone else, I would still be here pointing it out.

Some people's lack of ethics these days... man.

Stangel1

05-19-2014

Bug fix? LOL

Adding 1 second to the time it takes for panth to be able to stun is not a bug fix, unless he's been 'bugged' since release.

Despite this small change it drastically reduces ability to ult on someone, you can simply walk from the center out of it now on even the most immobile champs.

IrkZ

05-19-2014

The double post lelelelelel

Edit: She deleted the double post, i busted out laughing tho.
Edit2: But on a more serious note. Whats so wrong with refunding the rp? It's not like we can use rp for anything else, and if i got some more rp back, i would definitely use it to buy something else. It's not really gonna hurt your finances that much, so why not just refund...

Bad Slip Ons

05-19-2014

This thread is a perfect example of why Riot wants to switch over to Reddit and people can't stand GD...

(We call them out on their bullshit)

Ser Safir

05-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuboBubo View Post
Refunds, outside of the 3 tokens, have never been given for balance changes afaik.

Edit: my mistake, I should have said bug fix. I misspoke because of the discussions around this being a nerf.
I hate to say this, because I really like this red. He/she seems to be very nice all the time.

But everything Riot does is humorously arousing suspicion. See, Smashgizmo here says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashGizmo View Post
It wasn't our intent to significantly nerf Pantheon or make him feel significantly clunkier, so we're watching the situation on live and will adjust accordingly if Pantheon players are suffering due to this change.
Which seems to imply he knew it was a minor nerf.

Furthermore, nothing about Pantheon's ult suggests he has to land in the center of the radius. Nocturne, Twisted, Shen... they can all do this stuff. But Panth can't because for the years he's had this ult, it was a suprise bugfix no one knew about. The reason no one knew about this bug was because it was never considered a bug before.

Truth is, I like Riot, but when I see these kinds of things, I lose trust in Riot. I think Riot can change peoples minds on the subject, or at least compensate pantheon with a half second earlier land time (and slow the aoe damage) to make up for the way he now plays differently. Thing is, when they seem to need to buff champions (Skarner, Urgot, etc) they choose to drag their feet or completely ignore them, and when it comes to situations like these, everyone feels Riot committed an underhanded stealth nerf, they don't do much to preform damage control..

Heck, 4.7 hasn't even been updated their patch notes for Pantheon and this change was only just anounced here, after the skin sales plateued and people began to notice Panth changes.

His ult was in a bad spot to begin with. Nerf, or "bugfix" it again and he will have 3 abilities.