@Riot, This bait and switch was just Wrong.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BuboBubo

Business Analyst

05-19-2014
3 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytus View Post
That was a balance change??
My mistake - it was a bug fix. I accidentally used balance change because people are calling it a nerf

Zero LP

05-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuboBubo View Post
I am on the eCommerce team. It's a small enough group that each of us have full visibility into each other's work. I can guarantee that this was not some underhanded scheme to boost sales. It's just an oversight in a way that can be interpreted as suspicious but there's no intent to deceive. It's simply not something we would even consider.
Isn't it your job to produce revenue? Why should we believe you? Riot hasn't exactly proven it's integrity, and at the end of the day it's still a business.

i Need Sponsors

05-19-2014

Quote:
Refunds, outside of the 3 tokens, have never been given for balance changes.
Yeah, and you don't call this underhanded. Get the hell outta here.

This is NOT about a balance change.

ChronicRainboom

05-19-2014

Lol brings up another issue. Why exactly do we never get anymore tokens? Pretty sure most people have already blown their 3 already.

YGBSM

05-19-2014

Quote:
My mistake - it was a bug fix. I accidentally used balance change because people are calling it a nerf

Confirmed stealth nerf by riot

:^)

IrkZ

05-19-2014

Quote:
Refunds, outside of the 3 tokens, have never been given for balance changes afaik.

Are you ****ting me riot?
I guess you really want more people believing how unsympathetic this company is.
I usually don't like to hate on the company, but this policy of "no refunds even though we ****ed up," really pisses me off.
Scumbag Rito, my opinion of how ****ty you guys are being right now probably is felt by thousands of players right now, GG rito, never buying **** from you again.

Zero LP

05-19-2014

"Bug Fix"

"Wardrobe Malfunction"

Eunson

05-19-2014

This is basically like buying a broken phone from a store then going to return it and they say no.

i Need Sponsors

05-19-2014

Quote:
No, you used balance change because that's what it was.

Pantheon has been the same since 2010. If his ultimate was a bug, that shows even worse incompetence in fixing issues than this debacle.

Anthropics

05-19-2014

Quote:
It was a "bug" that was integral to the champion, known about for years, left in the game, and then suddenly as a new skin comes out the "bug" is fixed unannounced with no mention until after his new skin has sold. And you're not giving refunds.

As far as the community is concerned and in light of all evidence it's intentional, and even if it wasn't it's absence from the patch notes when the champion is receiving so much attention due to a new skin represents laughable incompetence.