@Riot, This bait and switch was just Wrong.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

i Need Sponsors

05-19-2014

Justice.

Darius Rivers

05-19-2014

People are misunderstanding the purpose of this thread.

It wasn't that Pantheon was nerfed AFTER the skin came out. Nobody cares what riot does to a champion after they release a skin for it. That would have been in the next patch and people would be like "Yeah I'm disappointed, but whatever, thus goes the dev balance cycle."

It's the fact that these things happened in this very specific order:

1. Riot nerfed Pantheon and did not include the changes in their patch notes.

2. Riot released Dragonslayer Pantheon, and still did not mention anything regarding the Pantheon nerfs.

3. Riot informs the community about the Pantheon nerf and "apologizes" for not including it in the patch notes.

Had any of these events occurred in any other order, things would have been fine. In fact, had Riot released 4.7 without the Pantheon nerfs, then released the skin, then patched in the Pantheon nerfs after, people would probably be slightly pissed but still fine with it. It's the fact that they made the change and then DELAYED announcing the change until after they'd released the skin, presumably to prevent hurting the number of skins sold.

i Need Sponsors

05-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Rivers View Post
People are misunderstanding the purpose of this thread.

It wasn't that Pantheon was nerfed AFTER the skin came out. Nobody cares what riot does to a champion after they release a skin for it. That would have been in the next patch and people would be like "Yeah I'm disappointed, but whatever, thus goes the dev balance cycle."

It's the fact that these things happened in this very specific order:

1. Riot nerfed Pantheon and did not include the changes in their patch notes.

2. Riot released Dragonslayer Pantheon, and still did not mention anything regarding the Pantheon nerfs.

3. Riot informs the community about the Pantheon nerf and "apologizes" for not including it in the patch notes.

Had any of these events occurred in any other order, things would have been fine. In fact, had Riot released 4.7 without the Pantheon nerfs, then released the skin, then patched in the Pantheon nerfs after, people would probably be slightly pissed but still fine with it. It's the fact that they made the change and then DELAYED announcing the change until after they'd released the skin, presumably to prevent hurting the number of skins sold.
^--This--^

BuboBubo

Business Analyst

05-19-2014
1 of 10 Riot Posts

I am on the eCommerce team. It's a small enough group that each of us have full visibility into each other's work. I can guarantee that this was not some underhanded scheme to boost sales. It's just an oversight in a way that can be interpreted as suspicious but there's no intent to deceive. It's simply not something we would even consider.

YGBSM

05-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuboBubo View Post
I am on the eCommerce team. It's a small enough group that each of us have full visibility into each other's work. I can guarantee that this was not some underhanded scheme to boost sales. It's just an oversight in a way that can be interpreted as suspicious but there's no intent to deceive. It's simply not something we would even consider.
They why not offer refunds to people who want them?

IrkZ

05-19-2014

Quote:

OK then, So wtf are you guys gonna do about it?
It may have not been intentionally but the panth players need justice or at least a refund to a skin they bought without knowledge of the changes.

i Need Sponsors

05-19-2014

Quote:
I am on the eCommerce team. It's a small enough group that each of us have full visibility into each other's work. I can guarantee that this was not some underhanded scheme to boost sales. It's just an oversight in a way that seems suspicious but there's no intent to deceive. It's simply not something we would even consider.
Then the simple question is:

If Riot acknowledges that it was an oversight and mistake on their part...

Why not simply give those affected an RP refund instead of your service team telling them to piss off?

Riot departments REALLY need to start communicating better, because it seems like you either don't know, or don't care how you come off to your community.

BuboBubo

Business Analyst

05-19-2014
2 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGBSM View Post
They why not offer refunds to people who want them?
Refunds, outside of the 3 tokens, have never been given for balance changes afaik.

Edit: my mistake, I should have said bug fix. I misspoke because of the discussions around this being a nerf.

Cytus

05-19-2014

Quote:
Refunds, outside of the 3 tokens, have never been given for balance changes.
That was a balance change??

Disconsented

05-19-2014

Pantheon's ult has now gone from useful as a movement ability (due to scaling and magic damage it sucked otherwise) to useless in one "bug fix"