Splash Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTaur

05-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Khal View Post
More the reason NOT to give her ONLY military skins. I don't know what went through Riot's mind when they made all those skins. On topic, I really love the Team Builder art ! Must be more because I'm really biased but w/e.
Yeah, Lux sort of needs a legendary happy-sparkle-fun-times skin. My vote goes to Candy Clown Lux (it's a reference to a Morello post from last year or so). Three military skins (at least they're all different!) is a lot.

MTaur

05-02-2014

Much better anatomy on Atlantean Syndra than we've gotten many times before. Actually, all of her splashes are pretty good models for how dynamic poses don't have to be contortionist Gumby shots.

EatMyPanties

05-02-2014

the only splash art i have problem with(the default ones) is shyvana.

everything about it is terrible,everything looks blurry and dirty,she looks a homeless person with some sort of eye disease.its also hard to tell whats happening on her lower body,looks like shes bleeding out of her legs and the blood is materializing into her red panties.

The Dargon King

05-03-2014

Hey,
Was wondering if well see skin splash updates for trundle, and twitch considering they are the people who after the VU's look NOTHING like their skin splashes. Also I was wondering (as are many others on the interwebbs) if it would be possible to change the splash for Samurai Yi to the Chinese art mainly because after the VU this art now represents the skin fairly well compared to the old art which really does not look like it.
Thank Ya Rito!!!!!

shadowsaotome

05-13-2014

Bump for splash art updates.

OctaSteve

05-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot JxE View Post
It's one of our newest artists Su-Ke http://su-ke.deviantart.com/
Thanks, JxE!

There's been something I've wondered for a while:

How are the splashes able to handle being blown up (ie: the big screens at events) without getting super jagged?

Riot JxE

Technical Artist

05-19-2014
5 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaSteve View Post
How are the splashes able to handle being blown up (ie: the big screens at events) without getting super jagged?
We make sure we're creating the art at a high enough resolution to handle a 2k screen. Most of the time larger screens don't actually have a higher resolution and you're looking at it from so far away that you can't tell the difference. This is usually the case with giant printed posters as well and if you get up close you can usually see the low resolution.

Kinaro

05-19-2014

Whoever did the recent splash arts (Malphite, Dragon Slayer Pantheon, Night Hunter Rengar) is a genius! So detailed, sharp and professional.

Riot JxE

Technical Artist

05-20-2014
6 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaro View Post
Whoever did the recent splash arts (Malphite, Dragon Slayer Pantheon, Night Hunter Rengar) is a genius! So detailed, sharp and professional.
That was actually three completely different artists

Edit: Welp, I totally lied, they were all done by the same guy, my memory was way off, I'll ask him if he wants to be mentioned

Amy Khal

05-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot JxE View Post
That was actually three completely different artists
Dragonslayer pantheon, night hunter rengar and nocture's splash have a similar style. They're really detailed I love them. Who are the artists behind them ?