Undocumented Pantheon Changes in Patch 4.7

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmashGizmo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

05-15-2014
2 of 2 Riot Posts

I'm seeing some discussion in here about the timing of this with this skin and just wanted to address that point. These changes came about while we were working on the skin and noticed the inconsistency between the effect and the visuals on Pantheon, so we took the opportunity to update the scripting on his ultimate to match them up. It is 100% our bad that we failed to document these with the patch notes, but the intent here was to make sure that pantheon's abilities looked right for the Dragon Slayer skin.

The other concern that I'm seeing is that this is seriously impacting both his feel and performance in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSHarrison View Post
They're not trying to nerf anything dude, they're just trying to fix a bug.

It's about making what you see on your screen match what's really happening in-game. If Kass R were off-sync, you'd want the bug fixed, too.

If hurts his performance, then they can always tune it from there.
And this ^ pretty much sums up our feelings on the subject. It wasn't our intent to significantly nerf Pantheon or make him feel significantly clunkier, so we're watching the situation on live and will adjust accordingly if Pantheon players are suffering due to this change.

FIatulence

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashGizmo View Post
snip
Smash you probably shouldn't post here anymore. The only Rioter less popular than you is probably Scruffy

MeowMixWarrior

05-15-2014

Quote:
I'm seeing some discussion in here about the timing of this with this skin and just wanted to address that point. These changes came about while we were working on the skin and noticed the inconsistency between the effect and the visuals on Pantheon, so we took the opportunity to update the scripting on his ultimate to match them up. It is 100% our bad that we failed to document these with the patch notes, but the intent here was to make sure that pantheon's abilities looked right for the Dragon Slayer skin.

The other concern that I'm seeing is that this is seriously impacting both his feel and performance in the game.

And this ^ pretty much sums up our feelings on the subject. It wasn't our intent to significantly nerf Pantheon or make him feel significantly clunkier, so we're watching the situation on live and will adjust accordingly if Pantheon players are suffering due to this change.
While I and other members of the community understand this, the concern is that if it does indeed feel bad and Panth is suffering as a result that Riot will drag its feet on this.

Cronovey

05-15-2014

Quote:
This is because the first bugfix is actually a pretty heavy nerf to most Pantheon players who know how to stun while dropping; it allows enemy champions a larger grace period to escape you while dropping in on them and renders even well aimed ultimates useless against most champions in the League of Gapclosers.

Caught Warding

05-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIatulence View Post
Smash you probably shouldn't post here anymore. The only Rioter less popular than you is probably Scruffy
All hail Smash.

VelNyeScienceEye

05-15-2014

Quote:
We're still waiting for Skarner to get more buffs from his rework so saying you're going to buff Pantheon if he needs it doesn't count for much.

The Dravening

05-15-2014

I don't feel any guilt for this downvote.

ViolentDuck

05-15-2014

Well pantheon looks like your ult is even worse than Gangplanks ult now buddy.

Space Wizzard

05-15-2014

everyone deepthroated smashgizmos **** after the rework, "omg we're so sorry for doubting you" "omg greatest rework ever". now everyone realizes he's back to being what he was a year and a half ago, nothings changed but a **** ton of attack speed.

Zeus121

05-15-2014

Nooooooo my beloved op pantheon!