Undocumented Pantheon Changes in Patch 4.7

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Surakai

05-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by concelmo View Post
omg it's smash

i saw you play olaf once.

Once.
Name:  olaf.jpg
Views: 2249
Size:  34.5 KB

KSHarrison

05-15-2014

On Meteos's stream I noticed his rank 4 E was only costing him like 10-15 mana. Anyone know why this could be?

He had no blue buff. Q worked normal.

Also I can't upvote Smash's post. Maybe it's broken.

Zukuu1

05-15-2014

As a pantheon main for years (with almost 100% pick rate of my games in the past), I consider him nigh unplayable currently. I IMMEDIATLY noticed the change and even said to my friends in skype "omg I have the ulti bug" (when it takes longer to land for Pantheon). I thought I have a bug where I have that particular bug the whole time.

The timing is just off when you use his ulti. It feels like he has 1 second longer fall time and makes using his ulti very unresponsive. Target indicator and ~5 second channel time should be enough - why nerf it even more? It doesn't just "feel" different, IT IS different (in a bad case). It's a straight up nerf and nothing less. Good luck hitting anything IN your circle. Now you have to use it a 100% behind enemies or just predict where they will be in 10 seconds (which is not always feasible). Remove the damage, slow and whatnot and make it like TF's ulti. As it is, it's just bad. I play Jarvan (my other jungler) for the majority of time now since this has impacted my performance SO much. If this change is here to stay, I dunno if I can burden my team with a gimped Pantheon jungle, which I loved to play even back in s3.

Really, if you really want to slightly lower his ulti gank potential, nerf the damage or something.

"sluggish and unresponsive" - that's how it PLAYS now (not only "feels")

Sodaspree

05-15-2014

Thank you!!

It should never have been that way in the first place.

Thank you for finally fixing it.

KSHarrison

05-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukuu1 View Post
As a pantheon main for years (with almost 100% pick rate of my games in the past), I consider him nigh unplayable currently. The timing is just off when you use his ulti. It feels like he has 1 second longer fall time and makes using his ulti very unresponsive. Target indicator and ~5 second channel time should be enough - why nerf it even more? It doesn't just "feel" different, IT IS different (in a bad case). It's a straight up nerf and nothing less. Good luck hitting anything IN your circle. Now you have to use it a 100% behind enemies or just predict where they will be in 10 seconds (which is not always feasible). Remove the damage, slow and whatnot and make it like TF's ulti. As it is, it's just bad. I play Jarvan (my other jungler) for the majority of time now since this has impacted my performance SO much. If this change is here to stay, I dunno if I can burden my team with a gimped Pantheon jungle, which I loved to play even back in s3.

Really, if you really want to slightly lower his ulti gank potential, nerf the damage or something.
They're not trying to nerf anything dude, they're just trying to fix a bug.

It's about making what you see on your screen match what's really happening in-game. If Kass R were off-sync, you'd want the bug fixed, too.

If hurts his performance, then they can always tune it from there.

Rockman

05-15-2014

That's an actually massive nerf. Compensation pls.

Oconnomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2014

These forums are so ****ty. Can't even downvote this because of the invalid post ID bug.

Hawkefire

05-15-2014

I strongly dislike that first change.....not being able to W on land takes a way a TON of power from pantheon since that was the only way to ensure that you at least damaged SOMEONE with your ultimate.

thumbnail9

05-15-2014

You murdered the one good thing about sky fall.

MeowMixWarrior

05-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSHarrison View Post
They're not trying to nerf anything dude, they're just trying to fix a bug.

It's about making what you see on your screen match what's really happening in-game. If Kass R were off-sync, you'd want the bug fixed, too.

If hurts his performance, then they can always tune it from there.
While I agree with you I have to point out that this is Riot we are talking about. They are very slow to implement or address any sort of issue. If they are going to tune him it will more than likely take a month if they are "quick" about it if not it took them this long to fix this problem and that should give you a good indication on the amount of time it can take.

So roughly 1 month to 2 years is the time frame in which they may or may not tune/tweak Panth.