The thing I like most about Braum...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kopikatsu

05-13-2014

Is how much love went into his creation. You can see it in the quality and extreme variety of his animations. Using the shield as a battering ram when attacking towers; leaning forward when slowed, as if he's trying to force his way through a harsh blizzard.

I don't think I can go back to champions like Shen and Nautilus, who are just so...bland and lifeless in comparison. It just feels like every action that Braum takes has so much weight and meaning to it.

Even if it takes another two and a half months for the next champion, if they're the same level of quality as Braum, then I can't complain.

RiotLamz

Animator

05-13-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thanks dude! really appreciate threads like this, when I was animating Braum I really didnt know if players would notice these things! Moving forward, all new champions will have the maximum amount of animations we can give them.

Arabed

05-13-2014

I agree I like Braums abilities, just think his shield needs to be tuned at some point.

Nergalwaja

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotLamz View Post
Thanks dude! really appreciate threads like this, when I was animating Braum I really didnt know if players would notice these things! Moving forward, all new champions will have the maximum amount of animations we can give them.
I am such a scumbag.

I downvoted you when I meant to upvote, I am so sorry

But I agree with the OP.

Despite popular opinion I really enjoy the champion in his entirety, from his kit to the lore and animations that synergize with it.

Keep up the goodwork!

Rozzeta

05-13-2014

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but this is just the result of improvement in the champion development, motivated by how competitive the MOBA marked is becoming lately.

This is not a comment diminishing the great work put into Braum, but it makes me feel bad for all the older champions who are nowhere near close to having a visual upgrade if they will be perceived as bland and lifeless by the community, as if no love was put into their creation.

Kopikatsu

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozzeta View Post
sorry to burst your bubble guys, but this is just the result of improvement in the champion development, motivated by how competitive the MOBA marked is becoming lately

It makes me feel bad for all the older champions who are nowhere near close to having a visual upgrade if they will be perceived as bland and lifeless by the community.
I would chalk it up more to newer tech being available, Riot having more resources to hire guys with more skill, and longer development cycles.

I don't think it'd be possible to keep up the quality of champs like Braum if they were releasing them every few weeks like they did with Shen, Garen, and Morde.

Ellphi

05-13-2014

I feel like Riot has been just extremely subpar relative to the rest of the industry, and are just now beginning to catch up.

Understandable though, given that Riot's still kinda young.

2nd Chance

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nergalwaja View Post
Snip
NP brah, I got you covered with my upvote.

PinkamenaDianPie

05-13-2014

I also like the fact that he says things when I buy certain items...Like when I bought a sight stone he said something like "You won't sneak up on me again!" Which just made me smile. I don't know if Yasuo or Vel'koz says stuff like that...but I don't think Jinx says anything like it and she's fairly recent too.

Cameryn Kyre

05-13-2014

Angus the Puncher is best support, I agree.