LoLCamera : A new way to play!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GamerGuy09

05-12-2014

I agree that Riot is right to ban it. It gives people the competitive edge in fights while some still have a less-than-good default camera.

However what I say is that Riot should implement LoLCamera as soon as possible to the actual game. It is a really nice system engineered by the fans of this game. It would just mean a smoother experience. Also I don't think the argument of "Get Good, Stop Being Baby" really qualifies here. The camera movement has been a big problem in league, and that multiple statistics show that purple side has a slight disadvantage. Instead of Riot having to remake Summoner's Rift to allow it to be rotated 180 degrees, this is the easiest and most effective way.

I hope riot adds this feature to the game by the end of this year. That's how I look at it.

grouponu

05-12-2014

Here is my question - if Riot has chosen to ban things that give players a competitive advantage or things considered "anti-fun", perhaps they should consider the impetus behind the creation of something like LoLCamera. As a bottom lane main, many of us know the extreme disadvantage purple side has during the laning phase. This is no trivial matter - blue side wins over 55% of games (computed over 18 million matches), with games lasting <25 minutes having over 60% winrate for blue side as well. Riot would agree is "anti-fun", imo. There are many proposed solutions - give players the option of flipping the HUD to the top of the screen, offsetting the locked camera position, but Riot has not attempted any of these very simple steps towards fixing this huge competitive advantage.

Though I have no clear solution to this problem, I beg Riot to consider more heavily why these types of 3rd part addons are being created - there is already a heavy imbalance in the game, and approaching these problems should be higher on their priority list in general.

Source:
http://www.leagueofgraphs.com/rankings/blue-vs-purple
http://www.leagueofgraphs.com/rankin...s-purple/short

mrdude5410

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandet View Post

hue

map awarenesS? i play so far zoomed out my screen is my minimap.
Amusingly enough, in Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, you don't have a minimap, so you zoom out so you can see most of the map to check enemy positions and the like.

blackraven1425

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Sargonas View Post
Hey all! Sorry for jumping in on this thread so late!

First off, I wanted to say this app, as it is, is pretty slick. Some great development work on it. That being said, sadly it is not compliant with our policy. As others stated above, the core expectation is that nothing can interfere with the players experience from Play to end of game, and this unfortunately does just that. While we can appreciate the work you've put into this, it is sadly not something we can condone, and I have to officially advise players to avoid using it at this time.

If you want to work on other great stuff for League however, I'd be more than happy to chat with you more over on the developer forums at developer.riotgames.com about ideas you might have, and how to make them fit in with our philosophies. You definitely know your stuff, and I'd love to see that skill channeled into something players can use!
Speaking of this, since this camera is so useful, will you be implementing a similar scheme?

DukeDublin

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdude5410 View Post
Amusingly enough, in Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, you don't have a minimap, so you zoom out so you can see most of the map to check enemy positions and the like.
Not true, infact you can split your screen in half and have two views of the world AND a minimap. That is innovative design if I've ever seen.

Dues Pater

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2014

it take years for riot to make something like this. Riot is full of it some times. You can't really trust what they'll say cuz they often go back on there word.

KnivingDude

05-12-2014

It's good. Everyone likes it. Why doesn't Riot put it in?

#Pride

FailOverflow

05-12-2014

Riot doesn't give a sh!t about flipping the camera. It's literally 10 lines of code and they can't even give us that.

HemiPoweredDrone

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FailOverflow View Post
Riot doesn't give a sh!t about flipping the camera. It's literally 10 lines of code and they can't even give us that.
I'm sorry but where is your access to the LoL Source Code that tells you this is ten lines of code?

Snailed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2014

OMG PLease riot introduce this to the client.. I want the follow movement left click one please..