Want to solve top lane problems : Buff Garen

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScreamPaste

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashamaru Shigo View Post
Greens don't help, Shaco has many approaches where he can be invis before jumping into the lane, not to mention movement 5 boots so he can be anywhere...
The blink nerf took away a surprising number of those approaches. (A long with tower vision range.)

H3lla Moneys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashamaru Shigo View Post
Forgetting the scenario where you play with an experienced Garen and he doesn't engage when he's on CD? Yeah, I'm that guy. Forget about CS'ing with my Garen.
I'd hardly consider silver III a high level of play. I don't even consider plat that competitive/high-level

Riot Whist

Associate Animator

05-12-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

As a Garen player, I disagree with buffing. He's amazing and aside from champions like Ryze and Trundle I feel I hardly struggle against any other laner.

His wave clear is just so good he can just camp at tower when behind and still clear the wave and get most of the CS despite the tower. Slowly work to lower the enemy laner's HP until it's about half when he can charge in, ignite spin and ult for the kill.

(I am posting this as my opinion as a Garen player, not as Riot's opinion on what to do with Garen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralMidget View Post
Riot Whist,

Is anything going to be done about Jax, or is Riot ok with him being pick/banned 95% of the time? If Riot doesnt do anything about Jax he will become perma banned status.
Sorry I can not speak to any design decisions. I'm not involved in those.

Miko Ryukudo

05-12-2014

Revert the Visual Update

Revert the nerfs to his rework OR completely undo the rework to season 2 Garen.

Make Courage passive increase magic resist and armor based off of 20% of total values instead of bonus values. (Stupid change, really hurt his tankyness)

Make Perseverance apply a health regeneration amp that starts out small and scales the longer he is in combat with a champion. (No longer grants boosted health regeneration when he is not in combat)

Buff Balck Cleaver

Buff Sunfire Cape

There, Garen is now the super soldier he is supposed to be.

FeralMidget

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Whist View Post
As a Garen player, I disagree with buffing. He's amazing and aside from champions like Ryze and Trundle I feel I hardly struggle against any other laner.

Riot Whist,

Is anything going to be done about Jax, or is Riot ok with him being pick/banned 95% of the time? If Riot doesnt do anything about Jax he will become perma banned status.

WorstVayneMars

05-12-2014

Quote:
You have Garen in your icon. Therefore you are a good Garen...

Judge Arcadia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Ryukudo View Post
Revert the Visual Update

Revert the nerfs to his rework OR completely undo the rework to season 2 Garen.

Make Courage passive increase magic resist and armor based off of 20% of total values instead of bonus values. (Stupid change, really hurt his tankyness)

Make Perseverance apply a health regeneration amp that starts out small and scales the longer he is in combat with a champion. (No longer grants boosted health regeneration when he is not in combat)

Buff Balck Cleaver

Buff Sunfire Cape

There, Garen is now the super soldier he is supposed to be.
That only causes more problems.

Raiden27d

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3lla Moneys View Post
I'd hardly consider silver III a high level of play. I don't even consider plat that competitive/high-level
It's not, but I never had any problems and I was in gold II and climbing steadily before placements fcked me. Elo Hell again and now I can't get out of it.

SOyProasfasdfdsa

05-12-2014

Quote:

His wave clear is just so good he can just camp at tower when behind and still clear the wave and get most of the CS despite the tower. Slowly work to lower the enemy laner's HP until it's about half when he can charge in, ignite spin and ult for the kill.

Sorry I can not speak to any design decisions. I'm not involved in those.

He is lacking both late game scaling, and utility .

Seriously, play against every single FOTM. He needs help, some QoL, or changes to his passive

Vreivai

05-12-2014

I'm going to bookmark this thread, and if Garen ever gets buffed and any of you idiots cry OP, I'm going to remind you of this.

1234567 ... 8