@Riot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Bacon Dragon

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Whist View Post
From my memory, champ spotlights have always come before the champion. I could be wrong here, but I remember champ spot lights typically appearing before the patch and never on the release date.

I was surprised Braum spotlight didn't come out before the weekend honestly.

I think it should always be a little before so a majority of players can see what the new champ brings to the table so on launch day it's not a surprise when Braum completely negates their MF ult. There's never any major mechanic surprises or new champions taking on roles they do not work in at all.
I could have sworn there was one strange instance where the champion came out before their spotlight.

Riot Whist

Associate Animator

05-12-2014
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownMartian View Post
Incorrect, because I would always remember going on my phone and going to the website to see if the champ spotlight came out. That's how I would know the champion was released without logging into the client.
So I was thinking back to the olden days of s1/s2 I believe, I distinctly remember champ spotlights a week before and the anxiety I had waiting for release. However I do remember at the same time the video release dates being quite erratic. SO it may have only been one or two that came a week before release.

However I googled some recent champs and it's showing typically a day/the night before release:

Jinx spotlight: 10/9
Jinx Release: 10/10

Vel'koz spotlight: 2/25
Vel'koz release: 2/27

Yasuo spotlight: 12/11
Yasuo Release: 12/13

Lucian Spotlight: 8/21
Lucian Release: 8/22

Thresh Spotlight: 1/22
Thresh Release: 1/23

So yes, it makes sense that unless you were refreshing youtube, you probably saw most champ spotlights the day of the champion release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Eclipse View Post
I seem to remember the champion was typically released within 24 hours of the spotlight. At least that seemed to be the general rule for 2013.
Yep, after this research this is correct :P

Penguin Eclipse

05-12-2014

I seem to remember the champion was typically released within 24 hours of the spotlight. At least that seemed to be the general rule for 2013.

Orniphex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2014

Quote:
So I was thinking back to the olden days of s1/s2 I believe, I distinctly remember champ spotlights a week before and the anxiety I had waiting for release.

However I googled some recent champs and it's showing typically a day/the night before release:

So yes, it makes sense that unless you were refreshing youtube, you probably saw champ spotlights the day of the champion release.
Firstly, I really enjoy the fact that you have the courage to talk to us and show us what's going on, even if it's not answering the direct question. However, the fact that we've had the patch for several days now and Braum has only just now gotten a spotlight, and we've, again, had a small patch, and store maintenance is making some of us extremely excited.

I have all the champions, and a good majority of the skins. While I'd like to say I have better things to do other than wait for champions and skins to come out, I can't, because I don't. I'm looking forward to these things, just like many other people are, and putting E-sports (for the first delay) ahead of a champion release is extremely degrading to the people who have supported you from day one; and being silent about his release or the skins release just makes the tension grow higher until the forums are filled with forums saying "BrAuM WHeRe?". The least you could do is keep us updated, but instead you argue about what the past champion release schedules have been.
/rant

KudogawaShinichi

05-12-2014

For East NA people it's the same day as the spotlight usually, around 30 mins decaled or 2 hours around...That's how i remember every champion release i've seen. Been here since around mid season 2.

thunderingice

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orniphex View Post
Firstly, I really enjoy the fact that you have the courage to talk to us and show us what's going on, even if it's not answering the direct question.
This. Esp since I realize that I, along with many, are pretty toxic. I am impressed with how you responded to your mistake. wp sir. wp.

LordVeral

05-12-2014

To be honest I prefer champ spotlights to be a day or two before actual champion release and ever since I started playing which was sometime after hecarims release champion spotlights always came before the champion. Maybe there are some instances where the champ and spotlight come out at the same time or spotlight after champion. I do agree that putting e-sports first is a bit of a also to the face since no one had said anything... But I think you're getting a bit too excited there... Saying something along the lines of whatever you said about it being overly disrespectful to people that have supported riot

nickbroken

05-12-2014

Quote:
So I was thinking back to the olden days of s1/s2 I believe, I distinctly remember champ spotlights a week before and the anxiety I had waiting for release. However I do remember at the same time the video release dates being quite erratic. SO it may have only been one or two that came a week before release.

So yes, it makes sense that unless you were refreshing youtube, you probably saw most champ spotlights the day of the champion release.

Yep, after this research this is correct :P

So what you are saying is he will be released tomorrow or the next day, gotcha.

Orniphex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVeral View Post
To be honest I prefer champ spotlights to be a day or two before actual champion release and ever since I started playing which was sometime after hecarims release champion spotlights always came before the champion. Maybe there are some instances where the champ and spotlight come out at the same time or spotlight after champion. I do agree that putting e-sports first is a bit of a also to the face since no one had said anything... But I think you're getting a bit too excited there... Saying something along the lines of whatever you said about it being overly disrespectful to people that have supported riot
But if you think about it, it is kind of disrespectful. Those of us who buy skins and champions and wards and icons with RP support the company so we can have MORE of these skins and champions. When there are plenty in the client, ready to go, and they're getting delayed for five days with no good reason, it's hard not to feel like Riot is laughing at us. Usually I don't complain, but with all the conditions in these five days (delayed for a small amount of people that watch E-sports [small in comparison to entire community] Spotlight, Store Maintenance, and a Patch) it's getting to the point where I do feel insulted. Are we not good enough to receive a champion that's ready to go, or are they delaying because they don't feel like it. There are two options, and I prefer the one that doesn't make a company I've paid well over $500 to seem pathetic.

Master Anubis

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orniphex View Post
But if you think about it, it is kind of disrespectful. Those of us who buy skins and champions and wards and icons with RP support the company so we can have MORE of these skins and champions. When there are plenty in the client, ready to go, and they're getting delayed for five days with no good reason, it's hard not to feel like Riot is laughing at us. Usually I don't complain, but with all the conditions in these five days (delayed for a small amount of people that watch E-sports [small in comparison to entire community] Spotlight, Store Maintenance, and a Patch) it's getting to the point where I do feel insulted. Are we not good enough to receive a champion that's ready to go, or are they delaying because they don't feel like it. There are two options, and I prefer the one that doesn't make a company I've paid well over $500 to seem pathetic.
well if we want to talk about money spent on this game lets just say i own all the champions and probably over 100 skins i'm sure i spent more then 1k on this game