@Riot

First Riot Post
12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Master Anubis

Senior Member

05-12-2014

Why are you guys getting into the habit of releasing Champion spotlights without releasing the champion at the same time. I remember when you guys released them both at the same time whats changed and why do this?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

My Pet Dinosaur

Senior Member

05-12-2014

Spotlight = hype.

Hype = more monies.

Also they usually release the spotlight and the champs a day or less apart. It's not THAT bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Master Anubis

Senior Member

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Pet Dinosaur View Post
Spotlight = hype.

Hype = more monies.

Also they usually release the spotlight and the champs a day or less apart. It's not THAT bad.
they just recently started to do this with like the last 3 or 4 champions. I remember when they came out the same day and more then 1 champion came out a month


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Whist

Associate Animator

05-12-2014
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Anubis View Post
they just recently started to do this with like the last 3 or 4 champions. I remember when they came out the same day and more then 1 champion came out a month
From my memory, champ spotlights have always come before the champion. I could be wrong here, but I remember champ spot lights typically appearing before the patch and never on the release date.

I was surprised Braum spotlight didn't come out before the weekend honestly.


I think it should always be a little before so a majority of players can see what the new champ brings to the table so on launch day it's not a surprise when Braum completely negates their MF ult. There's never any major mechanic surprises or new champions taking on roles they do not work in at all.



EDIT: I googled some recent champs, typically the spotlight comes the day before the champion release. Sorry for incorrect information.

Sorry I jumped the gun and spoke so hastily, I certainly was not trying to argue, simply state my opinion. not every post I make is going to be good and I do not disagree with the down votes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nsaneone

Senior Member

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Anubis View Post
. . .I remember when they came out the same day. . .
From what I remember the spotlight used to go out the night before the patch. Perhaps this was the case before I joined.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doctor Gwer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-12-2014

I think the better question is, is why not give us a date when Braum OR the skins are going to come out. Because that's all I've been excited for this patch, and they've been held over our heads, and now you do a store maintenance, a random patch, and still nothing? It's a bit upsetting seeing as he was delayed because of the pro scene, and now he's delayed for no reason other than y'all don't want to put him out?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

apunasatapulobin

Senior Member

05-12-2014

I've been seeing quite a few Rito posts getting downvoted lately. Have people finally stopped blindly worshiping everything they post?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnknownMartian

Senior Member

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Whist View Post
From my memory, champ spotlights have always come before the champion. I could be wrong here, but I remember champ spot lights typically appearing the week before and never on the release date (I'm pretty sure you won't have to wait until next week for Braum though, imma be pissed if we do because I too want to play him)

I was surprised Braum spotlight didn't come out before the weekend honestly.


I think it should always be a little before so a majority of players can see what the new champ brings to the table so on launch day it's not a surprise when Braum completely negates their MF ult. There's never any major mechanic surprises or new champions taking on roles they do not work in at all.
Incorrect, because I would always remember going on my phone and going to the website to see if the champ spotlight came out. That's how I would know the champion was released without logging into the client.

However I see your point about letting people see how the champion works before buying them. Makes sense. It's just that it is possible to do that when the champ spotlight is out at the same time that the champion is released.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Master Anubis

Senior Member

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Whist View Post
From my memory, champ spotlights have always come before the champion. I could be wrong here, but I remember champ spot lights typically appearing before the patch and never on the release date.

I was surprised Braum spotlight didn't come out before the weekend honestly.


I think it should always be a little before so a majority of players can see what the new champ brings to the table so on launch day it's not a surprise when Braum completely negates their MF ult. There's never any major mechanic surprises or new champions taking on roles they do not work in at all.
Well i cerntainly been playing since season 1 and i remember buying champions moments before the spotlight and telling my friends about it cause i would always be the 1st one to buy them. Thanks for the post


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MattackSC

Senior Member

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Whist View Post
From my memory, champ spotlights have always come before the champion. I could be wrong here, but I remember champ spot lights typically appearing before the patch and never on the release date.

I was surprised Braum spotlight didn't come out before the weekend honestly.


I think it should always be a little before so a majority of players can see what the new champ brings to the table so on launch day it's not a surprise when Braum completely negates their MF ult. There's never any major mechanic surprises or new champions taking on roles they do not work in at all.
Yeah I remember champ spotlights would sometimes come out 2-3 days before the champion itself did.
But this was back during the era of 2 champion releases a month and releasing content was Riot's primary focus.

In recent history champion spotlights have been released the night before/a few hours before the champion. And in an awkward case for a somewhat recent champion, can't remember which though, a couple hours AFTER the champion was released.

So our question is... where is our beloved strongman?


12