LoLCamera : A new way to play!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyanideInsanity

05-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchaosrei View Post
actually only a minority wan this. And that minority are the ones refusing to be skilled at the game
I found this because I was looking for an alternative when first trying to get into unlocked control. If I never found this, or it was finally said to be completely illegal, I'd be practicing unlocked. As for skill, maybe, but from what I've seen here most of us for this aren't toxic. That's another skill that a lot seem unable to grasp.

Just because something works, doesn't mean it can't be improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkenjeff View Post
"I think having the in-game client show jungle timers should be a feature already"

oh oops, too bad, Curse Voice was actually made illegal because of these, and subsequently removed them.

This camera mod is against the rules now.

Its technically been that way since the beginning. I don't think any of us had used this without thinking there could be consequences.

Also there are several potential reason for CV timers. It wasn't open to everyone, and added something that wasn't actually in the game.

Shockforce

05-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuboBubo View Post
I am not on the Dev relations team - bumping this so hopefully it gets responded to by someone more official.

However, this seems to me like it would be against the spirit of the latest guidelines. Specifically:

"No software should interfere with the League of Legends player experience between when you press “Play” and the end of game screen."

Full link here: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4491087
Windows update illegal confirmed.

Way too broad.

Buboniic

05-09-2014

Quote:
I am not on the Dev relations team - bumping this so hopefully it gets responded to by someone more official.

However, this seems to me like it would be against the spirit of the latest guidelines. Specifically:

"No software should interfere with the League of Legends player experience between when you press “Play” and the end of game screen."

agree, also being able to follow a enemy champion with a push of a button is very unfair..

Spl3en

05-10-2014

Quote:

Thank you BuboBubo for your interest and your answer
I'll add your opinion to the first post so people are aware of every Riot interaction with LoLCamera.

We would be pleased to know if you guys are interested by the concept of LoLCamera, if something similar will be in the client someday, or if the locked camera will be improved !
Even if it's a "We don't know" answer, that would be great

Penteano

05-10-2014

Here hoping Riot has a positive answer or hoping lolcamera development won't stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboniic View Post
agree, also being able to follow a enemy champion with a push of a button is very unfair..
you can't do that with lolcamera anymore, it was removed because it was unfair.
It has a global enemy weight because lolcamera goal is to have an intuitive camera that trys to preview where you are going. This way controlling your champion and watching what is going on in the game is your only goal.
Worrying about moving your camera shouldn't be part of it (except if you are going to check a area that is far, what you can still do with lolcamera using your minimap as you can still do without using it), from a competitive and casual play point of view. IMO.

Xedrox

05-10-2014

bump

mechawhat

05-10-2014

I just want a flipped camera for purple side.

IS THAT REALLY SO HARD?

If other people don't like it, fine. Just make it a toggle someone to alternate camera directions.

Spl3en

05-12-2014

Bump ! Please don't caps lock, no need to be aggressive toward Riot

shadowsaotome

05-12-2014

Bump, you've got me curious.

Riot Sargonas

Developer Relations Manager

Follow Riot Sargonas on Twitter

05-12-2014
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Hey all! Sorry for jumping in on this thread so late!

First off, I wanted to say this app, as it is, is pretty slick. Some great development work on it. That being said, sadly it is not compliant with our policy. As others stated above, the core expectation is that nothing can interfere with the players experience from Play to end of game, and this unfortunately does just that. While we can appreciate the work you've put into this, it is sadly not something we can condone, and I have to officially advise players to avoid using it at this time.

If you want to work on other great stuff for League however, I'd be more than happy to chat with you more over on the developer forums at developer.riotgames.com about ideas you might have, and how to make them fit in with our philosophies. You definitely know your stuff, and I'd love to see that skill channeled into something players can use!