Let's chat :D

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TurtleOfLegend

05-10-2014

Are there any Malzahar skins that you know of being made? I main him and was hoping he might get a skin soon

KT Faux

05-10-2014

What does champion designer entail at Riot? Does that mean you're a developer or more like a product owner who works with developers to define the behavior of a given champion?

You guys need some better testing, no offense. Probably hard to find engineers that also play well enough to make things balanced but Feral Flare for example was such an extreme oversight it makes me wonder if there is anyone on the engineering team that's even a mediocre solo q player

MileyRamus

05-10-2014

How many champion ideas have fallen through simply because it would be too difficult or impossible to balance?

Like the idea for an ability was just too unique and different to be able to fit into the game the way it is played now.

xXSorianXx

05-10-2014

Pls, give us some insight on the Sion rework. I've been an avid AD Sion player since season 1 and I'd love to see my Sion get reworked into viability.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
We're making him!

As a Teemo Skin!

(all of this post is a lie)

All of this post includes that last sentence... Helmet bro confirmed.

Arclight Thresh

05-10-2014

So I am a college student wanting to go to work as a gameplay development/designer at a gaming company(blizzard, Riot, EA you know those) and I have read a lot of the posts of linkedin about faq for applying and that stuff, but it seems they are all just general knowledge. What would you say would be a good point to focus on if trying to apply for a game designer/developer position? I've heard Riot has a really unique culture to it. Could you try to explain what is meant by that?

gypsylord

Champion Designer

05-10-2014
34 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyTeemo4Life View Post
Ic u have a teemo icon, lets talk about him.

I understand that riot nerfed teeto shrooms but why they didnt give him anything back? I mean anyone can outscale teemo easly right now i think riot should add higher ap ratio to his Q to compensate the R nerfs. Buffing E would be toxic but higher ratio on Q wouldnt be bad.
I love your name.

The idea of giving compensation buffs every time you nerf is silly to me. Sometimes characters are just too strong. In Teemo's case his shroom danage was too oppressive in the late game so we hit the AP ratio. Is Teemo still viable? Yes. Does he still lay minefields all over the map? Yes. Do they one shot you? No. We toned down a BS part of his pattern and left behind a strong character that still feels unique and powerful.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

05-10-2014
35 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomorian27 View Post
All of this post includes that last sentence... Helmet bro confirmed.
^
This guy

gypsylord

Champion Designer

05-10-2014
36 of 36 Riot Posts

Kk folks has been 3 hours and Starving Yordle needs food badly.

Super sorry if I didn't get to one of you. I'm just one guy and there's a ton of posts . Will try to hop on the forums more often in the future provided champ #3 isn't causing me to freak out.

Have a great weekend and enjoy All Stars!

Arclight Thresh

05-10-2014

knew I got in too late.