Let's chat :D

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

05-10-2014
31 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purodyuusaa View Post
Just to sate curiosity, can you tell us some of the code name for champions that have already been released :>

Like, did you call Vel'Koz "Big floating eye guy" until you came up with the name? Vi the steampunk girl with big hands? Teemo the satanic gerbil from hell?

Oh this is a fun one.

Braum - Angus (I called him this at least, can't remember the actual working title. He had a lot of names)
Vel'Koz - Professor EyeBeam
Yasuo - Wind Samurai
Jinx - Psycho Arsenal
Lucian - Gun Templar
Aatrox - Darkin Blade
Lissandra - Lissandra
Zac - Blob
Quinn - Falconer
Thresh - Chain Warden
Vi - Piltover Enforcer
Nami - Mermaid
Zed - ? Shadow Ninja ? (not sure on this one)
Elise - Spider Queen
Kha'Zhix - Teek
Rengar - Wrengar

That's all I've got

DarkerEnd

Recruiter

05-10-2014

When is urf coming back guys i love it so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SaltyTeemo4Life

05-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Gypsy, tell us all about your suddenly improved sense of personal style. Like those rad jeans you had last week.
Wtf man i dont even...

Caldros

05-10-2014

Don't know if you're the right guy to ask but what's your opinion on tanks? It feels like they're countered too hard by anti-tank items and there's not enough of a difference in toughness between a tank and a heavy fighter when fighters will usually do more damage. I love the tankier fighters, but the true tanks could use some love.

Shenalia

05-10-2014

I'm still curious, gypsylord - which of your devs is from Oklahoma? I am convinced that Braum's name and his multiple quotes about milk isn't a coincidence.

Godelockes

05-10-2014

I want to know if you have any plan for Nunu.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

05-10-2014
32 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Gypsy, tell us all about your suddenly improved sense of personal style. Like those rad jeans you had last week.
Well I went to Japan and finally found clothes that fit me D:

MiyokoShadow

05-10-2014

@gypsylord just wanted to say how awesome of a name you chose

Deadly Ambusher

05-10-2014

What do you think about drophack? is someone going to stop it soon?
What is riot going to do against hackers? like this one - http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/54568804#matches

gypsylord

Champion Designer

05-10-2014
33 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJI744 View Post
When designing champ abilities, how much effort goes into considering abuse cases.

EX: How much thought was given to the strength of Vi's engage comboing Q+Flash+ult. Or how Yasuo's W+E+passive makes him a nightmare to face for any skillshot+combo based mage.
We think a lot about that stuff. The key thing to ask about abuse cases is whether or not this is a place of power the champion should have. Many champions do something abusive, you just need to make sure its the right something. Ezreal being king of poke and mobility? Abusive but cool and appropriate. It'a his niche. Ezreal being king of dueling with an AoE AS debuff? Abusive and probably not okay for the guy considering the other things he's good at.