Let's chat :D

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eiki

05-10-2014

If someone has unintentionally bad score, he deserves to get punished

Thoughts?

Noctis Lunaris

05-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Pororo, the Poro

P - Fluffy
Pororo is fluffy and takes -5 falling damage. Enemy and allied Braums gain +10% movement speed when moving towards Pororo.

Q - Lick
Pororo licks a nearby enemy or allied champion. That champion becomes happy (or grossed out if they're totally lame) and gains the ability to shrug off negativity in all-chat.

W - Boring Dash
Pororo rolls into a ball and dashes in the targeted direction. This spell doesn't do anything else. It's just a dash.

E - Snack
1st cast:
Pororo spawns a Poro-Snax(tm) at a random point on the map. The first allied or enemy champion who can retrieve the snack and give it to Pororo gets a reinforced sense of self worth.
2nd cast:
Pororo eats a retrieved Poro-Snax(tm), gaining 15 health.

R - Sleep
Pororo goes to sleep for 15 seconds. During this time he restores himself to full health and is 2cute2target.
Add in some lore, then ship it to live.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

05-10-2014
27 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melogrunty View Post
Your two champs are my favorite just because of their attitudes and styles of moves.
<3 Glad you like them.

Keiran13

05-10-2014

Quote:
Designers have a lot of cool ideas and (sadly) most will never make it live.

I've wanted to do a character with a flight passive where you gain MS while moving until you eventually "Take off." Then you soar around the map super fast and can divebomb people with your next attack. Would be super fun but have not yet found the supporting kit or character to put it on.
Confirmed: Gypsylord wants to put Cape Feather Mario in League of Legends. Q: On hold, gain 20 movespeed a second for 4 seconds, if pushed again after 4 seconds, Mario takes off and can fly anywhere on the map.

shovelofdoom

05-10-2014

thoughts on Garen rework/ buff is he going to see any love this season?

The Wuju Master

05-10-2014

Double Double chocolate chip? On the way!
(Double P.S. ....Still no neurotoxin I promise no need to check)

TurtleOfLegend

05-10-2014

Quote:
Pororo, the Poro

P - Fluffy
Pororo is fluffy and takes -5 falling damage. Enemy and allied Braums gain +10% movement speed when moving towards Pororo.

Q - Lick
Pororo licks a nearby enemy or allied champion. That champion becomes happy (or grossed out if they're totally lame) and gains the ability to shrug off negativity in all-chat.

W - Boring Dash
Pororo rolls into a ball and dashes in the targeted direction. This spell doesn't do anything else. It's just a dash.

E - Snack
1st cast:
Pororo spawns a Poro-Snax(tm) at a random point on the map. The first allied or enemy champion who can retrieve the snack and give it to Pororo gets a reinforced sense of self worth.
2nd cast:

R - Sleep
Pororo goes to sleep for 15 seconds. During this time he restores himself to full health and is 2cute2target.
Incredible

WorstVayneMars

05-10-2014

Quote:
Pororo, the Poro

P - Fluffy

Q - Lick

W - Boring Dash

E - Snack
1st cast:
2nd cast:

R - Sleep
Inb4 nerfs.

#dammitbalance

Lans1ing

05-10-2014

Quote:
Hey GD,
It's been waaaaaay too long since I've posted so thought I'd hop on the forums for the afternoon and chat with you guys.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm RiotGypsy and I work on the Champion team. Was Jinx and Vi's mechanics designer. Anything on your mind?
What do you think why Jax hasn't been nerfed since season 2? At full build he can beat any champion what I have seen so far. Does Riot has any plans for him? Also what direction is Riot taking Diana so far in their testing?
Regards!

gypsylord

Champion Designer

05-10-2014
28 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentleman Gaston View Post
What's the biggest (or top couple biggest) thing about working for Riot that you never expected?
I never expected to still be enjoying my job as much as I do after a year and a half. I seriously have never once looked at the clock and wished the day would be over faster so I could go home (something I did almost daily at my jobs and internships in college). Making champions is incredibly engaging to me and the other designers are a joy to be around. Sometimes we'll just stay at the office till 2 am talking about cool mechanics.