Let's chat :D

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiercely Fuzzy

05-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintBrad View Post
it blows my mind that it takes you several months to create a single champion. where are your resources going? you guys give us several champs a year, it's the only content you put out. i mean entire games can be created within a year but all you give us are few champs? riot rakes in hundreds of millions a year yet tell us that they want more quality into the champions they create? obviously the money isn't being put in the right places otherwise we would see two champs a month. just keep milking the game while you can
Please find another moba that has as many champions as Leauge and is still adding champions? I remember when new champions came out almost once a month.

LuluDammit

05-10-2014

Is there a placeholder champion for testing kits?

gypsylord

Champion Designer

05-10-2014
25 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandaari View Post
Not to derail this into a balance thread, but why not just make her Q mana cost 28/26/24/22/20 instead of a flat 20? Suddenly her early game range can't be sustained quite as long.
We tried that during development. I'd rather just cut power from other places (base AD, E mana cost, and R point blank damage to name a few). I want to keep Jinx's rockets and minigun strong as swapping between them at the right times throughout the entire game is one of the core things that Jinx players should be focusing on and learning. I wouldn't want to discourage swapping by making rockets overly punishing in lane and in addition a scaling down mana cost doesn't help if she manages to get ahead.

SaltyTeemo4Life

05-10-2014

Ic u have a teemo icon, lets talk about him.

I understand that riot nerfed teeto shrooms but why they didnt give him anything back? I mean anyone can outscale teemo easly right now i think riot should add higher ap ratio to his Q to compensate the R nerfs. Buffing E would be toxic but higher ratio on Q wouldnt be bad.

SuperLuigiLXIV

05-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Yeah Zac may be a tad weak right now. We're looking at tank junglers as a whole right now and trying to think about ways to help them out. No guarantees anything will come of it, but it is being thought about. Zac did just get a minor "buff-fix" in 4.7 in that his % max health damage was always calculating off of jungle monster's level 1 health and didn't scale up vs. them as the game progressed. Should have a better mid-late game clear now.

Reason Gragas stops on minions is to gate his laning. He's got a lot of ranged harass with Q and if he manages to get to you with W up he chunks you. Being able to stand behind minions offers a big of counter-play.

Loving the job thanks for asking Feels good to make things that bring joy and excitement to millions of people around the world. You guys are why I go in on the weekends <3.
I actually play Zac in the top lane and I miss him xD

I agree that Gragas would need gating if he was still used in mid lane against the squishies. But now he's used in the top lane if at all, and his empowered autp is too telegraphed for him to trade effectively with it if he can't gap close. It's harder to trade with him than with Shyvana, and unlike Shyvana, he has a resource to deal with too. Not to mention the belly flop has an appropriate (read: Nidspear sized) hitbox that makes it so we have to get well clear of minions, not just beside them, to use it :< I feel like if he COULD trade with the heavy bruisers, he'd fit into top lane just fine, but it's too telegraphed to be dangerous.

If you want to bring me joy and excitement, you should confirm that the next champion is a top laner The last one we got was Aatrox, and he's used more in the jungle than anything now. I think the last released champ to go to top lane was Zac, and the last intended for top lane that's not in the jungle was Jayce? Gypsy pls ;_;

Sweagen

05-10-2014

Quote:
I'm on the one after Braum I'm hoping you guys will like him. Still a ways off though.
Champion after Braum confirmed for male

Linna Excel

05-10-2014

Quote:
Designers have a lot of cool ideas and (sadly) most will never make it live.

I've wanted to do a character with a flight passive where you gain MS while moving until you eventually "Take off." Then you soar around the map super fast and can divebomb people with your next attack. Would be super fun but have not yet found the supporting kit or character to put it on.
That sounds like an ultimate almost. Charges like Shyvana's fury, but from movement.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

05-10-2014
26 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstVayneMars View Post
What is the word on your future poro champion. Not Braum but a Poro that is a champion.
Pororo, the Poro

P - Fluffy
Pororo is fluffy and takes -5 falling damage. Enemy and allied Braums gain +10% movement speed when moving towards Pororo.

Q - Lick
Pororo licks a nearby enemy or allied champion. That champion becomes happy (or grossed out if they're totally lame) and gains the ability to shrug off negativity in all-chat.

W - Boring Dash
Pororo rolls into a ball and dashes in the targeted direction. This spell doesn't do anything else. It's just a dash.

E - Snack
1st cast:
Pororo spawns a Poro-Snax(tm) at a random point on the map. The first allied or enemy champion who can retrieve the snack and give it to Pororo gets a reinforced sense of self worth.
2nd cast:
Pororo eats a retrieved Poro-Snax(tm), gaining 15 health.

R - Sleep
Pororo goes to sleep for 15 seconds. During this time he restores himself to full health and is 2cute2target.

Purodyuusaa

05-10-2014

Just to sate curiosity, can you tell us some of the code name for champions that have already been released :>

Like, did you call Vel'Koz "Big floating eye guy" until you came up with the name? Vi the steampunk girl with big hands? Teemo the satanic gerbil from hell?

SuperLuigiLXIV

05-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linna Excel View Post
That sounds like an ultimate almost. Charges like Shyvana's fury, but from movement.
Or a passive. Have his move speed increase the longer he moves when out of combat and constantly moving, then when he takes off, he gets an "in flight" version of his moves that causes him to land again when he uses them.

Of course, they'd probably have to do something like, say, give him two seconds to use an "in flight" move before landing if a champion deals damage to him, so he can't just fly off if he doesn't like the fight, but he'd still be crazy mobile. Sounds like a jungler champ. Maybe a mutated bat of some kind.

Actually, scratch that. Mutated hummingbird, because FKYES. xD