Let's chat :D

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
We're making him!

As a Teemo Skin!

(all of this post is a lie)
So is every "..." actually you speeding up the space between the words then?

JJI744

05-10-2014

When designing champ abilities, how much effort goes into considering abuse cases.

EX: How much thought was given to the strength of Vi's engage comboing Q+Flash+ult. Or how Yasuo's W+E+passive makes him a nightmare to face for any skillshot+combo based mage.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

05-10-2014
23 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moons View Post
Do you have any perfect kit idea that will never be realized for some reason?
Designers have a lot of cool ideas and (sadly) most will never make it live.

I've wanted to do a character with a flight passive where you gain MS while moving until you eventually "Take off." Then you soar around the map super fast and can divebomb people with your next attack. Would be super fun but have not yet found the supporting kit or character to put it on.

Anto1

05-10-2014

Who is the next person getting reworked? I think reworks are great ideas instead of making new champions all the time. Some old champions like Gangplank and Sion (maybe Nunu?) seem like they would be really cool with reworks.

Fiercely Fuzzy

05-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Well Vi was for top lane and on release she was stronger in the jungle.

Then Jinx was for bot lane and on release she was so strong that she could pretty much play all 5 positions.

Who knows what could happen D:
Pretty sure she's still stronger in the jungle...sorry bro.

IS1330ca164c1e976181edd

05-10-2014

Regarding to FF: Do you think it would be an issue to remove the monster stacking feature and replace it with time stacks like ROA? Maybe also possibly exchanging the passive to the likes of the SS line?
Laners still wouldn't get it because they won't like an item which is weak for 10 minutes and doing no on-hit damage vs champs.

Babara Boosh

05-10-2014

How did you get into Riot? I didnt know riot hired gypsies.

Final Raid Boss

05-10-2014

it blows my mind that it takes you several months to create a single champion. where are your resources going? you guys give us several champs a year, it's the only content you put out. i mean entire games can be created within a year but all you give us are few champs? riot rakes in hundreds of millions a year yet tell us that they want more quality into the champions they create? obviously the money isn't being put in the right places otherwise we would see two champs a month. just keep milking the game while you can

gypsylord

Champion Designer

05-10-2014
24 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoedsong View Post
Heya. Lots of questions about league, so how favourable lighter ones? How has your day been? Any neat plans for dinner? Could you recommend me a song you like from a videogame? Looking for a new remix project :3
Day has been decent. Woke up and finished up Darks Souls 2. Soooooo good OMG.

Nothing special for dinner. Probably grab something by myself and play some League.

I'm not the guy to ask about music sadly I don't pay attention to songs names. errrrr JINX SONG DO THAT ONE.

EvilTreeSpock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2014

What do you think of the skins on the PBE waiting to hit live? Im personally super stoked for the new Nami skin.

And as a designer, do you ever pitch skin ideas based on how cool you think certain spell effects would look with kits you created?