Let's chat :D

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XiLiPro

05-10-2014

chat me bro

Sephrx

05-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
I'm on the one after Braum I'm hoping you guys will like him. Still a ways off though.
Not Kassadin's daughter D;

But maybe Zelos !

Level 18 Rengar

05-10-2014

Why does riot hate Rengar so much and when is Nighthunter Rengar coming out?

Randomossity

05-10-2014

Ever considered a champion that is like a Duo? The two run around together and you can split them apart with an ability, and control them individually like shaco and his clone.

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2014

What come first when you guys are making a champion,the mecanichs of the kit,or, the look of the champion?

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2014

Quote:
Well Vi was for top lane and on release she was stronger in the jungle.

Then Jinx was for bot lane and on release she was so strong that she could pretty much play all 5 positions.

Who knows what could happen D:
Your next champion plays all five roles at once. And wins. Team has a tea party in fountain.

Linna Excel

05-10-2014

only two things are on my mind at the moment as I'm watching the draft:

1. Sakura Soraka (wink wink)
2. Is Ahri getting another rework or buff soon? Ahri players aren't really happy with where she is right now.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

05-10-2014
17 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetchy View Post
How do you go about designing the "mechanics" of a champion? It's easy to understand art and concept, the imagery and audiovisual side of it. I just can't wrap my mind around the creative process of mechanics/gameplay design.

Can you give any insight on YOUR creative process?
Well ideally a champion's art, theme, and gameplay all intersect in a perfect triangle of cohesiveness. A lot of my work on Jinx was focused on making her a "Psycho Arsenal." I was asking questions like, "How do I make a player feel like they've got ALL THE GUNS?," and "Does she feel crazy enough?"

This is where stuff like the weapon swap and passive came in. Jinx has a gun/weapon on every button. That was intentional because GUNS. Jinx is a high energy individual who blows up buildings just to see the cool explosions. This is one of the reasons her passive interacts with towers. I wanted players to feel like this destructive menace that brings cities down around her if not contained.

Sometimes gameplay will also ask things of creative and art. A talking point during Jinx's development was, "What kind of crazy is she?" I wanted to create this ADC who's always running around playing catch-me-if-you-can just on the edge of your reach, and so I worked with Ransom and TeaTime to ensure that the character made sense for that type of gameplay. Jinx's isn't a bloodthirsty "stab you in the back and drink your blood" serial killer partially because that's not the type of gameplay an ADC like her has in the game. That's more suited to a melee assasin (Shaco) or a stealthy dude like Twitch. Instead we went with the more manic, happy, and high adrenaline version of Jinx where she's blowing stuff up because it's fun as hell and if people die in the explosions then "Meh, my box of care is totally empty." That type of theme is more suited to Jinx's target-taking ADC playstyle.

So yeah TLDR it's a team effort. I make the kit, but that doesn't mean I'm not trying to be creative. I constantly try to mesh the character's personality into the skills I script up.

GON the Mage Guy

05-10-2014

Quote:
Well Vi was for top lane and on release she was stronger in the jungle.

Then Jinx was for bot lane and on release she was so strong that she could pretty much play all 5 positions.

Who knows what could happen D:
A random idea that I thought of for tank junglers: An item similar to Feral Flare, built out of Golem that gives tenacity based on stacks. This may make those like Irelia or Mundo terrifying junglers again, but from what I recall both are getting looked at anyway.

MTempty

05-10-2014

Do you ever have a say in who the voice of a character is?