Let's chat :D

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostStalker

05-10-2014

Why can't viktor exist outside of annies shadow?

Meaning why is Annie just better than what viktor does? Except for poke?

Why are you making new champions when it would be perfect to repurpose viktor and give him a niche.

Carapau

05-10-2014

Any Teemo skin planned? He really needs a new one, its been a long time, outrageous.

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2014

gypsylord,what was the hardest part to do Jinx and Vi?

Nyhver

05-10-2014

Would you convince Riot to revert the zed nerfs going all the way back to his release?

please?

Arcane Ezreal

05-10-2014

When is Helmet bro coming out?

gypsylord

Champion Designer

05-10-2014
9 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dunkmaster View Post
Why has champion production slowed down from a (medium-small) 8 champions in 2013 and it's almost halfway through 2014 with only 2 for this year?
3 major reasons for this:

1. We deliberately wanted to slow down champion releases. 2 champs a month was way too much to take in and was starting to crowd out the champ pool. Are we going a bit slower than we like currently? Possibly, but I'd doubt we'd want go back to shipping more than 12 a year at max.

2. Resources are getting shifted to other things. Reworks for example. We've got artists, modelers, designers, and writers working on bringing our older champs up to snuff with the new roster (both mechanically and thematically). When we eventually rework Sion that's pretty much a new champion.

3. As quality of champions goes up time to produce does as well. You take a champion like Yasuo and compare the quality of his particles, animations, VO, story, and promo materials to something we released a few years ago (Brand for example)and the difference is just massive. Seriously, the guy freaking SHEATHS HIS SWORD. Super cool.

Mundo

05-10-2014

Where does the fireball from Mundo's burning agony come from? Makes kind of no sense.

But my real question is, what champion do you think has the most outdated and need to be reworked kit?

SCNightwolf

05-10-2014

anything you can tell us about upcoming reworks. Specifically shaco, sion, yorick, or anyeone else really

LuluDammit

05-10-2014

I liked to ask about the order you make champions in! Do you make the model first and then work on the ingame kit, or do you have some sort of placeholder model for working on champion kits?

gypsylord

Champion Designer

05-10-2014
10 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderweiss View Post
When it comes to housing near Santa Monica, living in the city itself can be expensive, what are some local towns and cities you might recommend that aren't too far off? Like if you biked there so you could that car fee knocked off.

Also, when it came to moving to Santa Monica, how did you take the move? Do you fly often to see your family, or what?
I started at Riot right out of college so I was very excited to make the move. That said I'm a little sad because my family lives in Alaska so it's not the easiest thing in the world to go see them :/

I think Culver City has cheaper rents...Honestly not too sure. I was lucky enough to be offered the third spot in Statikk and Jatt's apartment right when I was about to start looking for housing so I've never really had to research the market.