Let's chat :D

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 24
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

netFX

05-10-2014

Hai ^.^

Chromocorn

05-10-2014

What was your thought process throughout jinx's development?

Gangsta Weeaboo

05-10-2014

Can you send the balance team a text and tell them "Furi kuri said get off your lazy asses"?

gypsylord

Champion Designer

05-10-2014
2 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchXBanister View Post
By designer, do you mean creatively, or mechanically?
Mostly mechanics. I'm primarily responsible for a character's kit. That said, I work closely with writers and concept artists (Zeronis, TeaTime, Harrow, and Ransom to name a few) to help suss out who exactly it is we're creating in terms of theme and story.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

05-10-2014
3 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal Loli View Post
HI.

What made you choose that for your icon?
Hai I love Teemo. When I started at Riot he had just gotten his new splash and I was the first guy to ask for it as my avatar.

The Dunkmaster

05-10-2014

Why has champion production slowed down from a (medium-small) 8 champions in 2013 and it's almost halfway through 2014 with only 2 for this year?

Zerglinator

05-10-2014

Are you working on a new champ? Is it coming anytime soon?

RealMithron

05-10-2014

I know this isn't your job but what's going on with NA servers making people ping spike to 1k+ randomly? I've played probably 20~ games over the past couple of days and just this morning my ping kept spiking to 1k all game and I couldn't get it go down at all. I alt tab in Diablo 3 and it's normal at 100 while League is at 1k+. It's not on my end, what's going on?

Calderweiss

05-10-2014

When it comes to housing near Santa Monica, living in the city itself can be expensive, what are some local towns and cities you might recommend that aren't too far off? Like if you biked there so you could that car fee knocked off.

Also, when it came to moving to Santa Monica, how did you take the move? Do you fly often to see your family, or what?

gypsylord

Champion Designer

05-10-2014
4 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintfall View Post
'eyyyy, I just hit gold, so pretty happy about that.

Who was your favorite champ to design (mechanically)?
Grats on gold man . It's a big accomplishment. I remember getting it in season 1 after infinite Sona games and being stoked as hell.

To answer your question, Jinx was a passion project of mine (over a year in the making) and I was very happy to get her out with the weapon swap working. I think her laning phase is a bit too strong on live right now but I'm generally happy with what she's doing in the mid and late game.

12345612 ... 24