Summoner's Rift Detailed Art feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iAteMyVegetables

04-04-2014

I wish they weren't so secretive. It's bad enough things happen super slow with such a big company, but then also the fact that, they suddenly tease something and a couple days later it's on PBE, it ruins it 'cause you wait much longer. If there's atleast some info like is it atleast being in early development? 'Cause I don't understand how the map that sees the most plays, is the worst map in the game. The most important matches are played on that map like LCS and Worlds.

Sam9801

04-07-2014

Hey @RiotForScience.

You may remember me asking a while back about the particles for a new blue buff with SR_2 in them. Would you be able to comment on this?

Also, i was wondering if you could give us a hint as to what you guys are working on. I'm really curious to find out.

A suggestion i have for the map is to not have it all roughly being one height. Maybe different heights or layers could be added.

Thanks

Sam9801

04-07-2014

Also, i am very curious to find out whether this:
http://yurixyworks.com/2014/03/01/a-...n-development/
Is real or not.

RemusNeo

04-19-2014

So, Is that true or not? And can someone estimate the time of the VU for SR? Is it this year?

Sam9801

04-23-2014

A reply would be nice @Riotforscience

Saevum

04-27-2014

1. An idea: Dragon not only give just gold but also a buff related to gold income (i.e. "This unit gets 10 extra gold per kill/Assist"). Or something like: "each time you kill a unit, you get +1 extra gold". Just trying to help with the cause. Could be OP tho.

2. Ranged super minions when the inhib goes down. We only see melee super minions, i think ranged ones would be cool too (i.e. with a crossbow or catapult). Battering Ram super minions [melee] (Ąpuff!, this idea came just right now).

3. Meta Baron Nashor. A twist of Fate Baron Nashor visual upgrade (as it was said earlier) and you could also add a new stun and not only an "air flip" to the battle with Baron. I hope you guys are open to ideas like a "grab" or "push away" (like Alistar's [w]) Long story short: more CC for good ol' Baron. That way it would mean a heavier risk to "bait" the enemy team to Baron Nashor's Area.

4. I was also thinking in a "map variable" related to time for Summoners Rift. (i.e. time @ min 50.) All map gets lighted up with jungle fireflies [small-unkillable-light-creatures] (Revealing certain parts of the jungle, like free wards, NEUTRAL wards of course, everyone can see everyone). This could give fresh air to the pre-existent "hide and seek" tactics.

5. Also, maybe a random Poro hiding in the tall grass that could be mistaken with a champion [i.e. a wild teemo] (nah, im joking).

Sam9801

04-29-2014

I think it would be best that the map not just be on one height, so heights could change between lanes, or the bases could be slightly higher than the middle of the lanes or somthing like this. Maybe overgrown trees or other features would be added to the jungle to make it more interesting. A health based buff from dragon? As Barons buff is being reworked, health wont be a part of it anymore, maybe upon killing dragon it could give a buff or grant 200 hp to the team or somthing. My post (2nd down from the top of the page) is sorta similar to this i think.

Rngrs Apprentice

05-07-2014

an idea that came to me while I was looking at this... I think the shots from the siege minions need some work. the caster minions have the sleek white whatever-you-call-it, so I think the siege minion shots should have something like this. especially the blue ones, I have just hit LVL 30 and that is one of the few improvements id make to the game

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

05-08-2014
83 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by exec3 View Post
I like the idea of each lane being special in some way but i'm not sure if towers are the way to go because there's already a different design for each side, adding even more additional designs just adds more noise imo and at best is just a ton of extra unnecessary work for you guys. Maybe if the towers were the same but slightly different eg: say bot lane had a more swamp theme going then towers in bot lane could have swamp foliage growth on them or something. Creeps I feel should remain consistent between all lanes. Just imagine the weirdness of seeing 3 sets of different minions spawning at Nexus. :S

With river I thought one goal was to make it feel like a literal river flowing from top to bot lane though I can understand if it wasn't possible. Maybe if the 'cliffs' (if you can call them that) near top lane had water pouring out of them and at bot lane there were openings in the sides where the water would pour underground.

Finally with tower indicators I wish you guys could just put the custom/coop indicator in, I love that thing. But otherwise maybe some sort of scorch marks on the ground? Or perhaps the grass could look a little dead or worn within the tower range indicating it's taken a beating from when towers fire. Something subtle but recognizable (don't want brown grass and then all of a sudden green grass haha).
I really like your idea of themeing towers toward the ecology around them. Do you have any suggestions for different SR ecology?

@Sam9801- I have actually spoken about these questions a good bit on this thread. The answer is that this is a feedback thread for players to submit suggestions about SR. I am not going to discuss anything besides that in this venue.

TheTrueMANTHEON

05-08-2014

Maybe its just me, but I feel like Monster Camps should FEEL more dangerous. Maybe have some burnt skeletons at Red Buff, a mini-waterfall of acid in Baron pit, some mist at Wraiths and Wight, etc, etc. Something to make the Jungle feel less like a zoo, and an actual place full of monsters that want to try and kill your champion and eat them/crush them/turn them into a nice coat.