Update on DDoS Issues

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Linna Excel

05-06-2014

Gradius, do you think some of these DDoS problems are related to the Drop Hack problems? If you are an end user, it might be hard to tell the two apart.

qwwerty

05-06-2014

so sick and tired of these drop hacks. people will shutdown games and always in promos. Riot wants us to fill out all this information but who is taking a screen shot every game! I get on this to relax its bad enough with trolls and jerks. Now we have to fix their ****ty coding. Come on riot learn to play with the big boys. I for one will not be spending any money on this game again.

Used

05-06-2014

My game was just drop hacked =[

SuspiciousTree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2014

My game just got drop hacked as well.

Ryios

05-06-2014

It's not even like it's just ranked. People drop hack aram, Team Builder, and 5v5 Normals.... Sad really. Probably the same people that click surrender @20 when the match seems bad.

RiotGradius

Associate Information Security Engineer

05-06-2014
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linna Excel View Post
Gradius, do you think some of these DDoS problems are related to the Drop Hack problems? If you are an end user, it might be hard to tell the two apart.
They are two similar problems, and we don't expect anyone to try and tell the difference. If a player is threatening to drop the game, that's when you should make a report about it. Any time a player is claiming they're going to manipulate the outcome of a game is when you should screenshot it and send it in as a ticket.

Mud Monkey

05-06-2014

Name:  Drophack 5-6-2014  rito plz.jpg
Views: 4977
Size:  372.5 KB

Got drophacked. Not sure who. Game didn't end or anything, just suspiciously after every double kill... and its only my team.

Gold Buddha

05-06-2014

who actually say they will drop the game and drop it, lol unless they are dumb
they will stay behind the wall and laugh their ass off.
Riot should have better result then asking people to screen capture a "crim in action"
and send it to them manually.
But atleast they are posting and letting us know what is up.

Burgee

05-06-2014

Have you guys started doling out punishments for drop hacking yet? Have you caught anyone?

MurderInstinct

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2014

there is something to protect us?