Kassadin would like a VU

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

immortalibra

05-05-2014

If he HAS to have some form of object to help him breathe then I'd stick with just the mouth piece. I think the tubes are a bit excessive and don't look good

lambchops9

05-05-2014

Long as we're talking about comparisons to darth vader..

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ps-d32bw70.jpg

Part of a post from the reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...lord_kassadin/

immortalibra

05-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambchops9 View Post
Long as we're talking about comparisons to darth vader..

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ps-d32bw70.jpg

Part of a post from the reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...lord_kassadin/

I love that art and concept. Just add some legs and I will instabuy. Mecha Kassadin FTW

Riot JxE

Technical Artist

05-05-2014
6 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJohnnyOxX View Post
That's a sweet mock up I wonder who made that...

immortalibra

05-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot JxE View Post
That's a sweet mock up I wonder who made that...

Was that for his interview?

Also, are ChaosEidolon and others concepting Kassadin at the moment?

Xykroza

05-05-2014

As big of a fan I am of Kassadin, I'd love to see more legs more than a cape/magey dress he currently has/will have. Another passion I have is definitely the sound Force Pulse makes, please leave that gutteral noise the same.

SecretLore

05-05-2014

What I always found rather weird was how some part of kassadins body is always exposed,I mean he has this huge otherworldly armor,but then he walks around shirtless.

CragBlade

05-05-2014

Maybe he was a Zaunite scientist/inventor that became obsessed with knowledge and the void. Heck, the way his tubes and breathing apparatus look its almost Viktor-esque. Maybe he escaped back to Zaun when he left the Void and built a suit/helmet with tubes so he could survive or maybe control the void corruption, possibly with Viktor's aide?

Oh and yeah, Im all for the robe and cape thing but I don't understand why he is shirtless or why he has a dress. It just makes him look far less commanding honestly.

Had an even crazier thought, what if Kassadin's sword hand was actually missing and was replaced with the Void Blade itself? Would be even cooler if both his hands had Void Blades just like the original concept art.

Also, why is Kassadin blue?

NSA SlumberParty

Recruiter

05-06-2014

Obviously just my opinion but here's some suggestions.

Current Kassadin pros:

- I like his E -Force Pulse- as is since it got reworked, especially the sound effect.

- His face mask with the tubes is good.

- The voice effects and general sound effects for Kassadin are perfect.

- I like the general direction of the character, a human who miraculously rejected the void and fights against it, giving off a good-guy feel.

- Like the design of his skirt/kilt/whatever you want to call it.

- Always loved the void aura coming from his feet, so awesome. I would say to make it look more void-ish rather than digital but I think it would look too much like Malzahar's void effect, so I say just keep the digital look.

Current Kassadin cons:

- Biggest thing: I don't like his spikes, they look goofy and the don't make a lot of sense on him. However his helmet spikes are fine, though they definitely need some work, more sleek, maybe shorter. If you HAVE to keep the spikes, at the very least get rid of his crotch spikes, they're so lame.

- His turquoise skin color doesn't really work, granted he's corrupted by the void, but he looks sickly rather than changed by the void. I think something closer to a normal, but very dark skin tone would be better for him, maybe add some corrupt purple void-stuff on parts of his skin.

- Kass' helmet is fine for the most part, but it's too tall and blocky, even on his main splash art. It either needs to be more streamlined, like how Harbinger Kass is or just plain shorter.

- Obviously he needs more/better lines.

- Though I mentioned I like his general "good-guy" feel, he can't be a goodie two-shoes, it just doesn't fit his look or his lore. I like what one guy said about him being like Rorschach from Watchmen, maybe not quite as brutal as Rorschach but he should have a sort of tough-but-good kind of feel.

- I always felt like the nether blade should float just above his arm rather than having it directly sticking out of his gauntlets.

- Not really a con since he kinda does this anyway, but he should definitely be floating just above the ground.

Skin suggestions

Deep One Kass- The color scheme is an eye sore, also the model should be slightly different for this one to compensate for the underwater theme.

Pre-void Kass- Nothing that anyone else here hasn't already said, no voice effect, different effect particles (I like the blue arcane magic idea).

Harbinger Kass- Again, not much to add here. I like everything about this skin except his skin color and the fact his blade is reversed, otherwise this skin is fine.

There's my two cents, can't wait to see his VU!

kayakninja

05-06-2014

I never really thought about where Kass was from. That being said I kinda like Shurima to set him more strongly against Malz.

Second point though: I feel the shirtless thing is a bit weird and doesn't really go with the armored look.