Riot's stance on 3rd Party Mods (and Curse Voice)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roaming

Master Recruiter

05-02-2014

I agree with the video made by TheAngryHoneyBadger, everything Curse Voice adds is already in the game.

DarkvolcanReborn

05-02-2014

LOL REKT

its okay, people who supported wont mind, all the add on did was add 5, right? anyone can do that, dont know why theyre foaming in the mouth area all of a sudden

slender

05-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Killer107 View Post
I hope that you guys implement the ultimate timers into the game. It's so annoying to have to stop and ask your teammates when their ult is up when you could just look at a timer of your OWN TEAMMATES ultimates.

Good call on the rest of it though.
I'm surprised a huge amount of the playerbase does not know that there's a green dot next to your teammates icon on the left indicating whether their ult's are up or not.

TripleDare

05-02-2014

I agree completely with this move good job

CrAcKtR0

05-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PallasAthens View Post
I didn't know they were all integrated into the client and automatically connected you to other users without input.

Neither does curse voice. Do some research you mindless peon.

2nd Chance

05-02-2014

To people complaining about the voice chat reason:

The reason why curse's voice chat isn't allowed but others are is because of how it matches you with other players in game that are complete strangers to you. Due to that it can create some problems riot can't fix, like if the person trolls and is a jerk or worse to you. The reason why skype, etc. is okay is because it allows you to talk to people you chose and/or know personally to talk to.

Just my 2 cents to get the people to understand stuff, hope it helps.

Riot Sargonas

Developer Relations Manager

Follow Riot Sargonas on Twitter

05-02-2014
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jswerv View Post
so quick question Riot Sargonas would things like baron replay lolreplay and such that pull spectator data to record games be considered pulling data from cilent? I assume that it would still be allowed as it doesn't effect game till post stats.
LoLReplay pulls from the spectator data, which is something separate in our context from the client. When we draft the more "formal" wording of the policy in the coming days it should help clarify this.

ItzWarty

05-02-2014

So what's the policy on 3rd-Party Custom Skins?

See: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...d.php?t=701772

"We want the community to be empowered to contribute to the League of Legends experience (as long as it doesn’t clash with the above!)." - I wouldn't say reskins warp interactions between players.

Yet,
"No software should interfere with the League of Legends player experience between when you press “Play” and the end of game screen." - This seems to state that custom skins (which are definitely a part of the player experience - ie: previously used to help colorblind users, arachnophobes) aren't allowed.

Dicata

05-02-2014

When will the policy take place?(please reply)

Varax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2014

Ok so what about the smartphone apps that keep track of timers? What's Riots stance on those? Don't they apply the same "unfair advantage" to people who don't download them?