Riot's stance on 3rd Party Mods (and Curse Voice)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ownage

05-02-2014

Take away the timers, do what you must policy wise.. just give us the OPTION for a voice client.. i feel i rage less with CV bc i can freely talk with my team. IMO the only way for the community to grow is to actually speak toeather, instead of pent up rage thru a keyboard and monitor.

Black x9

05-02-2014

Yay

The Dork

05-02-2014

This makes me happy.

slender

05-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly an a Blunt View Post
Might as well remove ability to chat timers, you guys act like at higher elo curse voice really matters. Everyone knows drag and baron spawn timers, so why remove curse voice? Its for the people that are lazy to time it themselves. Everyone has the ability to time monsters.
But no one does it, that's the problem between the "lazy" people who have CV and those who don't. The unfair advantage comes in place.

SUCK MY RIBCAGE

05-02-2014

I think this thread should be linked to on the patcher.

PallasAthens

05-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabiancym View Post
I use CV and not once have I been automatically connected. I'm always prompted and get the option to connect if I want to.

So there goes that argument.
Then why are you worried that you can't use it anymore? If you want to chat with someone on your team, you can simply give them your info. But when you do that, it's on you if the other person happens to start harassing you.

A Killer107

05-02-2014

I hope that you guys implement the ultimate timers into the game. It's so annoying to have to stop and ask your teammates when their ult is up when you could just look at a timer of your OWN TEAMMATES ultimates.

Good call on the rest of it though.

Jswerv

05-02-2014

so quick question Riot Sargonas would things like baron replay lolreplay and such that pull spectator data to record games be considered pulling data from cilent? I assume that it would still be allowed as it doesn't effect game till post stats.

Janna F Kennnedy

05-02-2014

Ty.

Rynac

05-02-2014

Quote:
Two elements of Curse Voice aren’t allowed under this new policy:

1. Automated timers: while our design team is still exploring whether we’d want to add any kind of built-in timers to League of Legends, we agree with many of you that having it accessible only through a third-party app is a clear competitive advantage between those who download it and those who do not, and isn’t acceptable.
I'm sorry, but I don't see why timers are even a problem. The timers are nearly in the exact place as where you would like to see if dragon/baron are up anyway, and they don't even play a sound when they respawn. There are so many websites and android apps and other ways to automatically track timers that trying to enforce against one but not any others just seems foolish. Just now I googled "league of legends timers" and the very first website is www.lol-timers.com. I could have this open on my second monitor, and since I play in borderless windowed mode, alt-tabbing to place timers for wards/jungle creeps is incredibly easy. Why is this ok but curse voice isn't?