Riot's stance on 3rd Party Mods (and Curse Voice)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Winterzmaulz

05-02-2014

Name:  1336342339979.jpg
Views: 9471
Size:  90.2 KB

SmokingPuffin

05-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Sargonas View Post
2. Automated voice calls: We have no problem with players hopping on Curse Voice (or any other voice chat client) to coordinate with their friends in-game, but when the application begins directly connecting you with dozens of other people in unfiltered (and untrackable) voice chats, it can make for a huge negative player experience in a space where we canít help.
I'm really glad you came to this conclusion.

3 s

05-02-2014

Not my curse voice! R.i.p!!!

NeonTheTank

05-02-2014

Don't you think your efforts would be better suited to fixing the glaring problems with ranked than go after software created by a company that is only trying to make your game better?

Jamore

05-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araerker View Post
What about Razer Comms (http://www.razerzone.com/comms)? Is it allowed?
Is Razer Comms like Crs voice where it actually is modded onto the game? Or an external application like Skype, Vent, Teamspeak, ect.?

Wicked Lulu

05-02-2014

ok. That's good to know that you updated your policy now.

Riot Sargonas

Developer Relations Manager

Follow Riot Sargonas on Twitter

05-02-2014
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrotte View Post
Can you repost this discussion of the Forum beta? I find it easier to read than GD.
You bet, already on it!

BestPoppyAfrica

05-02-2014

Can you guys focus more on cheaters and script kiddies than curse voice.

Iron Angel 2003

05-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchaosrei View Post
I can not help but feel that riot was just to slow on this. ( i am prepared for hate). I have been against curse the reasons mentioned by the Riot Sargonas( though not about the auto connect feature).

Considering that League is a competitive game the official answer should of been "NOT APPROVED" until riot talked about it and APPROVED.

People have been using this ADD-On for months and some people have been paying to get it. Riot has always said that anything to do with league should be free and open to all. Well people have been paying curse membership to be given key or like on Darius steam subbing to be given a key.

I feel like riot turned a blind eye to the amount of selling and profit their affliets were making on this. Curse and some streamers made money off something that is now not even allowed in its current format at Riot's Rep.
And how exactly is that Riot's fault? Do you want Riot to reimburse the people who paid or something? Because nobody paid Riot anything. They did this on their own dime on something that Riot said they weren't absolutely sure on in the first place. That's on them, not Riot.

Jorencice

05-02-2014

Sigh i enjoyed actually being able to coordinate with my team...

EDIT: why is this getting thumbs downed is it wrong of me to enjoy communication especially when i hate typeing? I just hope riot themselves impliments it i dont care if its all logged and taped i just want voice chat.