Riot's stance on 3rd Party Mods (and Curse Voice)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vepenar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Sargonas View Post
2. Automated voice calls: We have no problem with players hopping on Curse Voice (or any other voice chat client) to coordinate with their friends in-game, but when the application begins directly connecting you with dozens of other people in unfiltered (and untrackable) voice chats, it can make for a huge negative player experience in a space where we canít help.
So basically no skype/teamspeaker/raidcall for solo queue if we wanted too.

Packdemon

05-02-2014

If curse voice wasn't in closed beta then it would be accessible to all. If everyone had (integrated into the game, not as a third party) it then it would be fair.

A Zubat

05-02-2014

Very happy with this news.

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2014

Cool. I never had any interest in Curse Voice anyway. Not that I had any problem with it either. But I do like consistency.

Ephruz

05-02-2014

I think I'm okay with this. The only reason I used (or liked) Curse Voice was because of the ability to make quick calls with people I'm matchmade with because it provided a more positive, human-like medium of communication between my team while simultaneously ridding of the hassle of adding/deleting temporary contacts. It was easier to understand and express kindness and context.

TL;DR people are nicer on Curse Voice because psychology & it's easier to talk than type

Zach Combs

05-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
lol. This.

Vepenar

05-02-2014

Honestly the only unfair thing about it was the ult timers, Because it is the only unfair thing about it.

Garrotte

05-02-2014

Can you repost this discussion of the Forum beta? I find it easier to read than GD.

ProfDrDeath

05-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Gray Screen View Post
You had that one prepared, didn't you?

Hyrum Graff

05-02-2014

Additional opinion: *Noticing* that dragon has been secured takes skill (map awareness). Manually keeping track of the timer.... that's not really skill, IMO, that's burden of knowledge, and fighting the game, not your opponents.

Accordingly, I'm a proponent of click-to-set timers.