Why put healers in the game if you hate them so much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PuppetSoul

01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkinsonian View Post
If you read the Test Realm patch notes, they're buffing Spirit Visage to increase healing and regen by 30%
Spirit Visage will still be a terrible waste of space that combos into nothing of value.

Same problem as Force of Nature, which is also VASTLY overpriced for what it does.

4k health * 0.35% = 14 health per second.

Does anyone else realize how terrible that is? Compare it with Warmongs. Warmongs costs slightly more, but gives 20hp/s regen and 1.3k health without having to add additional items into the equation.

Imho, Spirit Visage needs to turn into Force of Nature, and carry all bonuses from one to the other.

Disillusion

01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetSoul View Post
Spirit Visage will still be a terrible waste of space that combos into nothing of value.

Same problem as Force of Nature, which is also VASTLY overpriced for what it does.

4k health * 0.35% = 14 health per second.

Does anyone else realize how terrible that is? Compare it with Warmongs. Warmongs costs slightly more, but gives 20hp/s regen and 1.3k health without having to add additional items into the equation.

Imho, Spirit Visage needs to turn into Force of Nature, and carry all bonuses from one to the other.
I think you're confused. Spirit Visage gives 25 hp per 5 sec regen along with cooldown reduction and some MR.

+35 Magic Resistance +25 Health Regen per 5 sec UNIQUE Passive: Reduces ability cooldowns by 12%.

And Warmog's armor is more than just slightly more expensive. Visage is 1250 all up. Warmog's is over 3000 last I checked.

I use Visage as a starter item on some characters because the regen helps me stay in lane longer. The first item, the beads is only 250g, which gives me room to buy a few pots to go with the 8 hp/5 regen. I can last surprisingly long before having to go back. In fact, I'm rarely ever forced to go back. I only go back when I need to upgrade and get boots.

As for Healing... yeah it kinda does suck. The last 3 times I played Soraka, someone bought an Execs. So I stopped using her. Only time I still use her is if I see 4 other carries in the team and I'm too curious to see how it works out.

PuppetSoul

01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disillusion View Post
I think you're confused. Spirit Visage gives 25 hp per 5 sec regen along with cooldown reduction and some MR.
You're pretty bad at reading.

Quote:
And Warmog's armor is more than just slightly more expensive. Visage is 1250 all up. Warmog's is over 3000 last I checked.
I didn't question how much Visage costs. In fact, HAD YOU READ, you'd seen that the item I was describing was FORCE OF NATURE (and I named it). At the end I bring it back in by saying that Spirit Visage should be a builder item used to make Force of Nature, and that the bonuses from SV should transfer.

Quote:
I use Visage as a starter item on some characters because the regen helps me stay in lane longer. The first item, the beads is only 250g, which gives me room to buy a few pots to go with the 8 hp/5 regen. I can last surprisingly long before having to go back. In fact, I'm rarely ever forced to go back. I only go back when I need to upgrade and get boots.
The problem is that hp regen scales so terribly compared to damage that it's ineffective to build hp regen items. In fact, if you're building a Spirit Visage instead of simply buying a Doran's Shield as your first item, then I'd seriously question your intelligence.

JigglyThePuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetSoul View Post
The problem is that hp regen scales so terribly compared to damage that it's ineffective to build hp regen items. In fact, if you're building a Spirit Visage instead of simply buying a Doran's Shield as your first item, then I'd seriously question your intelligence.
Mundo would like to have word with you next patch. Punctuated by cleavers. Many cleavers.

GNOY

01-02-2010

A team of healres can outpush you relatively easy. If you never lost to Taric/Alistair/Soraka/Sivir combo in 20 minutes, that doesn't mean healers are underpowered.

Lockedbob

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkinsonian View Post
If you read the Test Realm patch notes, they're buffing Spirit Visage to increase healing and regen by 30%

So you're telling me they implement items to counter champions and afterwards items to counter the respective items? What's next? something that reduces the effectiveness of spirit visage?

Reivur

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeEtho View Post
Healing reduction is the only counter to things like a team with Alistar, Soraka, Taric, Heal and Rally combos. And it is good as it is.

If you have a single healer and the other team mass anti-heal against you, great, they won't be countering your allies. If they do a single exec calling, you will be still able to heal area of effects fully in all your allies but the primary target. You will also be able to control lanes as well as you would if such items did not exist, as long as you retreat a bit when you need healing.

Basically if you use your head the counter is not such a big problem. The problem is, people like to whine way mroe than they like to think.
(loads up ConeEtho profile; sees multiple Sivirs and even Janna's equipped with Last Executioner)

Ah, I see.

Novascourge

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeEtho View Post
Healing reduction is the only counter to things like a team with Alistar, Soraka, Taric, Heal and Rally combos. And it is good as it is.

If you have a single healer and the other team mass anti-heal against you, great, they won't be countering your allies. If they do a single exec calling, you will be still able to heal area of effects fully in all your allies but the primary target. You will also be able to control lanes as well as you would if such items did not exist, as long as you retreat a bit when you need healing.

Basically if you use your head the counter is not such a big problem. The problem is, people like to whine way mroe than they like to think.
Most people get it for the cheap lifesteal and crit, not for reduced healing and measly 4 dps.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novascourge View Post
Most people get it for the cheap lifesteal and crit, not for reduced healing and measly 4 dps.
I get it to counter healers and lifestealers, actually... not for the lifesteal and crit. If I wanted lifesteal I'd rather go Malady (applies more often) or Starks (team buff) but I like being able to slow down Sion/Warwick && any carry with a lifesteal item && any tag team dmg/healer combo.

Faced a Nasus/Soraka lane pair a while back that was just BRUTAL -- Nasus more or less ignoring our damage, killing all our creeps, then rocking our tower -- until finally got enough $$$ for a Exe calling. Didn't get it before the first tower fell, but gave him a nice scare when he got to the second one and suddenly his HP weren't shooting up anymore.

immp

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockedbob View Post
So you're telling me they implement items to counter champions and afterwards items to counter the respective items? What's next? something that reduces the effectiveness of spirit visage?

the ever changing metagame !

and i read in a mundo post that the heal debuff does NOT effect lifesteal,can we get a WRENCHMAN,council or someone to comment and clarify please ?