Kassadin would like a VU

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Proximus D

04-30-2014

... or Harbinger Kassadin at least his weapon fixed.

I've recently bought the Harbinger Kassadin skin, and while the splash art is cool, I don't like the in game model: His weapon is upside down (the barbs on the rear end point in the wrong direction) and it appears as if the designers forgot he should wield one and just taped it at the back of his hand afterwards.

Vanilla Kassadin's weapon is an extension of his arm and has a thicker end which I think looks way better - more like he's capable of stabbing other guys instead of stabbing himself.
But the model itself consists of about 4 triangles, so I think our beloved rift walker would be happy about a VU.

http://i.imgur.com/GpI8pWU.png

Harbinger Kassadin's splash art: you can see that his blade is supposed to be the other way around:
http://i.imgur.com/aA6xzNa.png

Some barbed blades I googled - please note that the barbs point in the direction of the weapon wielder: 1, 2, 3

Riot JxE

Technical Artist

04-30-2014
1 of 12 Riot Posts

Kassadin is definitely high priority on the VU list

Not Arcane Ezrea

04-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot JxE View Post
Would Ezreal ever get one?

EricC39

04-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Arcane Ezrea View Post
Would Ezreal ever get one?
Ezreal looks fine, quit complaining about him, textures? he might need some but visually he looks fine, now nocturne on the otherhand, nocturne could use a vu

Siachi

04-30-2014

Quote:
Could I ask how far work has been done on him, if at all? Is it something where you're maybe considering new visual themes or something with the character, or is it going to be "The current model in hi-def"? Or not really yet started, but it's still high on the list.

immortalibra

04-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siachi View Post
Could I ask how far work has been done on him, if at all? Is it something where you're maybe considering new visual themes or something with the character, or is it going to be "The current model in hi-def"? Or not really yet started, but it's still high on the list.

This ^

Although I do doubt it'll be his "current model in hi-def". They're better than that.

Also,at risk of sounding dumb, are you guys keeping his current (new) particles for his VU

Riot JxE

Technical Artist

04-30-2014
2 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
I actually don't know where the team is at with Kass as I'm not part of that team, I'm just parroting what Iron Stylus said about Kass being high on the list

immortalibra

04-30-2014

Quote:
I actually don't know where the team is at with Kass as I'm not part of that team, I'm just parroting what Iron Stylus said about Kass being high on the list
*Lays down Parrot bait* Hopefully he'll come

Thanks for commenting anyway Riot JxE

Siachi

04-30-2014

Quote:
(O)__(O)

I saw that.

That thing you did there?

Yeah... that thing...

Frayace

04-30-2014

Quote:
(O)__(O)

I saw that.

That thing you did there?

Yeah... that thing...
we all saw that. it was a good thing

1234511 ... 15