@RiotBrentMeister Client Patching "Freeze"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iink to the past

04-22-2014

Seen multiple topics, but no clear answer. Some say wait it out, I believe mine has been going at it for 4 hours now. It seems to get stuck on "Updating 97% complete 0kbps (381 MB remaining)" with the bar underneath it saying "Step 2/2 96% complete {Fluctuating Times} remaining Archive_1.raf" The client got stuck here earlier today for aobut an hour so i restarted it. Is there a clear, 100% solution, or am I doomed to not play League for a while. Already sank around 400$ into this game and hoping I don't have to sink another 800-900 to get a PC

FataliAm

04-23-2014

Having the same issue, exactly. Played a game two nights ago and yesterday, can't patch. Help please!

MSF72

04-23-2014

Safe to say you're not the only one with this problem, unfortunately.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

04-23-2014
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Dannamoth has posted multiple times on this topic in this thread:
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4464105

I'll put my tech support hat on for a minute and try to suggest a few solutions that might get you playing. However, the most valuable thing you can do for us is gather your logs and post them in the thread above. Especially LolLauncher logs.

Okay please try these steps 1-by-1 and check if LoL works after each one. If one of the steps fixes it, it might be very helpful to know which one:
#0: Make sure that your hard drive isn't full (should have about 4GB of free space)
#1: Disable any anti-virus software you might have.
#2: Lets see if somehow your permissions got screwed up and you can't patch because you can't write the app bundle
Open up terminal and run this command: chmod -R a+rwx "/Applications/League of Legends.app"
#3: Try changing regions/languages in the patcher
#4: I know it's a pain but as a last resort, try deleting the application and re-downloading.

MSF72

04-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
Dannamouth has posted multiple times on this topic in this thread:
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4464105

I'll put my tech support hat on for a minute and try to suggest a few solutions that might get you playing. However, the most valuable thing you can do for us is gather your logs and post them in the thread above. Especially LolLauncher logs.

Okay please try these steps 1-by-1 and check if LoL works after each one. If one of the steps fixes it, it might be very helpful to know which one:
#0: Make sure that your hard drive isn't full (should have about 4GB of free space)
#1: Disable any anti-virus software you might have.
#2: Lets see if somehow your permissions got screwed up and you can't patch because you can't write the app bundle
Open up terminal and run this command: chmod -R a+rwx "Applications/League Of Legends.app"
#3: Try changing regions/languages in the patcher
#4: I know it's a pain but as a last resort, try deleting the application and re-downloading.
Tried all of these steps, had no success and made a ticket a while ago. Is the repair function crashing the client normal?

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

04-24-2014
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSF72 View Post
Tried all of these steps, had no success and made a ticket a while ago. Is the repair function crashing the client normal?
No, that's not normal. Can you attach a log file from when you ran repair and crashed the patcher?

lHotBreadl

04-26-2014

Hey, I have a mac-pro 2009 running on snow leopard and I havent had any problems with the client until the one posted above. Initially i got the 33% error thing when I opened up my client 2 days ago. This has happened before and I found the fastest way to fix it if restarting my computer/router doesn't work was to reinstall the client. So i did that and the first time it froze at 381 mb remaining as posted above. I have 0 KBps download speed and it seems to be stuck on the file "archieve_1.raf". Anyways I sat on this for an hour or two then said **** it I will reinstall again. Again it froze so i tried once more on a different internet connection than my own. I have the same issue stuck on 96%, 0 KBps Downloading with 381 mB remaining.

Is there any solution to this yet? My conclusion is that there is some sort of bug introduced in patch 4.6 that is wrecking our clients patcher if anyone has anymore insight into this it would be appreciated, it sucks I can't take advantage of the double IP weekend.

TheSocietyReject

04-27-2014

Having the same problem here Hoping Riot gets to fixing this soon.

HulkVomit

04-27-2014

Changing to a public Domain Name service
League of Legends launcher uses server aliases that have problems connecting to some Internet Service Providers default Domain Name Service servers. If your launcher never seems to start downloading a patch, you may want to change to public DNS servers in your network settings. Most often, this only applies to players outside of the US.

NOTE: Changing these settings can cause problems with your internet connection if you have specified network configurations for another purpose. Be prepared to revert to your old settings and save any information you are about to change.

Changing to Public DNS
Open System Preferences
Open the Network preference pane
Select the active connection on the left, and click the "Advanced..." button in the lower right hand corner
Click "DNS" from the selection bar.
Remove any current DNS entries, and input the following public DNS servers:
Save your changes by selecting “OK”
Apply the changes by clicking "Apply" in the lower right hand corner

SneakerKing5

04-27-2014

Just turn off ur firewall and it should bring u to the next step, it worked for me, i was havin the same prob