Team Builder is live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

THEMathKid98

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2014

I would like to petition that teambuilder games count toward normal stats.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

04-23-2014
20 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEMathKid98 View Post
I would like to petition that teambuilder games count toward normal stats.
Stats are all being tracked, and we intend to just add them to Normal Stats in the near future. We wanted to finish some other features on Team Builder first, but this stats fix is on the list of things we'll be doing.

Ailwuful2

04-23-2014

Doctor Professor Lyte, is Team Builder queue being tracked for all regions? I'm from Brazil and getting in a match with team builder there is either a 30 minute thing or most times it just plain doesn't happen. It takes long enough to always get cancelled in the end. I mean really! I'd wish I at least knew what the matter is, if team builder needs improvements or not enough people are using it there. I imagine it's the latter. But team builder is such a super wonderful addition to the game, and something I always felt Brazilians really needed. Assuming that team builder just isn't popular in certain places in a way that it creates frustration to the ones trying to use it, what is the plan then? Educate people on its awesomeness , shut it down or just leave it there?

Hyrum Graff

04-23-2014

Additionally, I'd like if you added to the team builder lobby, the same features that are available in blind pick and draft lobbies (before que):

* Allow other people to invite
* Allow other people to become the group leader

Additionally, I'd like to see:

* Allow me (as the team captain) to change what I'm looking for as my 5th person, while searching. It's a pain to hit search, wait 5 min because I queued for a marksman jungler, give up on that fantasy, and then have to remake my lobby, searching for jungler/any role.

Wow cc nub

04-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Stats are all being tracked, and we intend to just add them to Normal Stats in the near future. We wanted to finish some other features on Team Builder first, but this stats fix is on the list of things we'll be doing.
Oki just don't forget <3

rathelord

04-24-2014

I think it would help a lot if people could que for 2 or 3 possible positions in Team Builder. It may sound like this defeats the purpose, but it doesn't- I'm happy to fill any role, I just want there to not be in-fighting on the team and for other people who are finnicky about their roles to get something they can play competently and happily. This would encourage people to at the very least diversify to two or three roles, and shorten que times for everyone.

I also want to once again urge people to try out support. It's a really, really fun role and with the introduction of support-centric items it's now better than ever; I can keep up in farm with my adc most games. You can be aggressive and pushy, and single-handedly win games for your team. One of my mains is Karma and she can straight up bully both the enemy adc and support out of lane entirely while your own adc farm against a lot of match-ups if you play her right. Give it a try, find a support you like- you'll be surprised how much fun it is.

BandanaRed

04-24-2014

When team builder was first released I don't recall there being a level requirement on it. One day I went to queue and bam must be level 25. I started grinding and I was excited when I was able to use it again. That excitement soon diminished when I found out how much longer it took to queue up. It originally took awhile to get a team but now it is taking an even more ridiculous amount of time. Lower the level cap so that it speeds up the service. As it stands right now I am better off doing blind pick because I actually get to play a match.

mbking

04-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandanaRed View Post
When team builder was first released I don't recall there being a level requirement on it. One day I went to queue and bam must be level 25. I started grinding and I was excited when I was able to use it again. That excitement soon diminished when I found out how much longer it took to queue up. It originally took awhile to get a team but now it is taking an even more ridiculous amount of time. Lower the level cap so that it speeds up the service. As it stands right now I am better off doing blind pick because I actually get to play a match.
This is so true also for those who are under 25 we need this the most I hate getting in games and then either im stuck playing something im not good at or others are not playing. It really should be mode given to everyone as I can find better games.

Proximus D

04-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We'll collect some data for awhile with Team Builder set to Level 25 while we brainstorm ways in the future to make Team Builder accessible for all level ranges without the decreases in match quality.
Lyte, do you have any updates on the level 25 situation?

MiyokoShadow

04-26-2014

^^ Yes pls. Someone at Riot. Any updates???