Player about to quit 30$ an hour job in order to work towards his dream

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Only Mid Thanks

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awayuki View Post
True. But given he has experience in the field and he is young, he can find similar jobs without too much of a difficulty I think. Or if he really hates it, just ditch it all together and get an education or something. Either way, life is not a dead end just because he quit that job, there are plenty of options.
Yea, but he's quitting his job before he has a second career lined up, he spent 1300 on a computer when he needs to get his license restored and his car back, and he wants to be a streamer for league when he's not even that great at it.

It wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't already have a family, the dude is a selfish manchild.

DFG Psyko

04-21-2014

Just a little advice from someone who has been Streaming for the past 162 days @ around 8 - 12 hours a day. Make sure this is what you really want and you have the ability to support your family in the meantime. I would wager you need funds to atleast live off of for a whole year+. Before I got into full-time streaming I worked two jobs for around 4 years to save up enough money to where I was comfortable holding a small partime job on the side. Other than that best of luck to you and keep your head up depression is a ****ty thing but it will get better!

Saint Guinefort

04-21-2014

I'm sorry, but I read this post. What formal training do you have in web design? What are you going to do, approach a customer and say that you have no formal teaching of it and you learned on your own, what if you **** up? Not like he can ask your boss for someone to come fix it. You dont quit a job paying that well for something that you have to work towards. YOU HAVE A FAMILY, Im sorry that you had the day from hell, but so have a lot of people.You need to put that dream on hold. Stop being a selfish child,a mediocre streamer and a mediocre web designer is not gonna bring you in a lot of money.

CommandShockwave

04-21-2014

I just wanna ask one thing:

Will your job take you back if this doesn't work out? There's taking risks, and there's being stupid. I feel like your judgement is a bit cloudy after what you've been through recently, and your decision to quit is leaning more towards the stupid side.

Either way, GL.

BuboBubo

Business Analyst

04-21-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I'd have trouble making such a big decision on the best of days let alone a rough one.

Best of luck and I hope things work out for you

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by contendo View Post
these forums are amazing for support.
Name:  139814695914841.jpg
Views: 10740
Size:  31.0 KB

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41noob View Post
k so you're basically about to get married and you're quitting your stable job in order to play league of legends at an extremely mediocre level?

i hope your fiance leaves you.

you aren't a child anymore, you have serious responsibilities now. you're seriously throwing your life away.
Pretty much this.

You need to read the harsh truth, and it's not pretty. This isn't just about you having a bad day and wanting to do something.
Assuming you DO quit and give it a go. What happens if you don't get any success, and you can't get your old job back? How long will it be before you get another job, and how much money do you have to back you up till then?

If your fiance supports this, I dont even know what to say about her. I'm all for living your dreams, but goddamn grow up for half a second and think about someone else. You have a family, you're not some 19 year old student who will live with himself or 1-2 people and needs to pay cheap rent.

Miserabilia

04-21-2014

10/10 even managed to pull a rioter in.

Activee LIVE

04-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuboBubo View Post
I'd have trouble making such a big decision on the best of days let alone a rough one.

Best of luck and I hope things work out for you

I really appreciate this so much. Thank you for taking the time to post on here.

Activee LIVE

04-22-2014

Thank you guys for all the follows! I can't wait to start streaming, the PC should arrive any time, I might do a little stream today to test things out!