Is Curse voice legal?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glorybow

04-21-2014

It's not a skin tools I think It should be OK for using it. I am not that good to remember all time about jungle,so it should help us a lot~

Nerf Ao Shin

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboi View Post
Riot has Counter Logic?

Riot has Riot Logic.

Its hard to explain, but you know it when you hear it.

Ghostcrawler

Lead Game Designer

Follow Ghostcrawler on Twitter

04-21-2014
9 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
1) Why are you not doing the timers in the game yourself then? Is it a manpower issue as there are many programmers like myself that would be more than willing to be hired or just to help.
As I said, we are exploring the idea. We're trying it out internally, but it's premature to promise or announce it as a feature because something could always go wrong, and we don't have an ETA in any case. My prediction is that you'll see official jungle timers at some point. What they look like, what information they need to provide and so on is the kind of thing we'll want to iterate on, and we'd like to get a lot of feedback from you all. If players seem to universally hate the concept of timers, we'd absolutely reconsider them as well... in which case we wouldn't want third parties to support them either (though admittedly there is no real way to kill an external timer).

We're always looking for good engineers, but it's also not simply an issue of number of dudes. Any time someone is working on one project, it means they aren't working on another one that could potentially be of even more value to you guys.

Quote:
what about map awareness information, allied cooldowns information , damage vs enemies resistances and health information, etc. are you planning on adding this too? and how you determine objectively which is fair game and which is not?
I don't think you can make an objective determination. We're talking about really subjective concepts. The game already provides a lot of information. We're just considering whether it needs to provide a little more. Is it possible to cross the line where players are provided so much information that your decisions are no-brainers? Absolutely, and that's not what we're going for. When we put the core values out, we'd love to get some additional feedback about what crosses the line in your opinion.

Drukyul

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corran View Post
You know what's better than an indicator that says what you can last hit? One that shows what's about to be last hittable! Massive minion wave hitting a single minion, don't worry, it'll even provide a countdown to last hitting!
red = not last hittable
yellow = almost last hittable
green = last hittable

Corran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drukyul View Post
red = not last hittable
yellow = almost last hittable
green = last hittable
Bascially, but you can have it scale. It goes from red to orange to yellow in a gradual manner, and once you get used to it, you'd know when to launch your auto attack. You could probably even adjust it for the speed of your auto based on your distance from the minion and your reaction time.

Pada1

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler View Post
As I said, we are exploring the idea. We're trying it out internally, but it's premature to promise or announce it as a feature because something could always go wrong, and we don't have an ETA in any case. My prediction is that you'll see official jungle timers at some point. What they look like, what information they need to provide and so on is the kind of thing we'll want to iterate on, and we'd like to get a lot of feedback from you all. If players seem to universally hate the concept of timers, we'd absolutely reconsider them as well... in which case we wouldn't want third parties to support them either (though admittedly there is no real way to kill an external timer).

We're always looking for good engineers, but it's also not simply an issue of number of dudes. Any time someone is working on one project, it means they aren't working on another one that could potentially be of even more value to you guys.

I don't think you can make an objective determination. We're talking about really subjective concepts. The game already provides a lot of information. We're just considering whether it needs to provide a little more. Is it possible to cross the line where players are provided so much information that your decisions are no-brainers? Absolutely, and that's not what we're going for. When we put the core values out, we'd love to get some additional feedback about what crosses the line in your opinion.
you know there are already rumor'd last hit helper addons out there that calculates your AD and minion health to indicate which minion you can last hit. Is riot ok with that?

Fatboi

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumFoxx View Post
the only part that i have a problem with is the part you said about using LoLnexus or other sites to look up peoples runes....if RIOT wanted the other team to see what runes you are using, whouldnt you think they would have it on your screen so you wouldnt have to go to a website to find that stuff out? so if RIOT says "no third party addons" then they need to take it upon themselves to go after these sites that shows you things you would not b able to see normally and tell them to take that stuff down
Couldn't agree with you more, since those sites first started I've thought they were a bad idea. Riot will give you all you're supposed to know to play your game, that is that, and that's how I think it should be.

But what I think literally doesn't matter at all, so I don't really care, if you think I'll be easy in lane because I don't play ranked and am technically "bronze" then I'm gonna have a blast curve stomping that grin off your face.

Edit: Sorry slightly off topic, but it does relate in the form that those sites are also third parties providing you with information, if you're against Curse Voice, I'd assume you'd be against those as well.

Cuzimwhite

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler View Post

I dont believe what curse voice has to offer should be in the game. This information should be taken advantage of if people CHOOSE to take advantage of it. It shouldn't be available for free. If no one timed baron/dragon or buffs then its their fault. To just hand someone free information is not necessarily wrong. But things like that is supposed to separate elo's.

Giving everyone the chance to have this information should come from RIOT. Not a 3rd party program. Because if people choose not to use it. Have a bad time using it. Have a bad person to person experience RIOT needs to be able to monitor those things. For example you need to report someone calling you a "insert whatever". Well you have NO PROOF. What is the purpose of reporting if you have NO PROOF. If RIOT Implemented this their selves, They could review the game and listen to what was said and who it came from.

This program will be mandatory such as Deadlyboss mods was in World of Warcraft. (Most) People that choose not to use it have a VERY BAD TIME. Others they can manage. The difference is the comm. You will see soloQ turn into a LCS Environment. Just like any meta it will trickle down from Challenger/Diamond players. I agree with teamwork and it being a team based game. But let me ask you this. Where does SOLO Q fall in after this is implemented? Curse Voice removes the ability to climb elo by yourself once you hit a certain threshold. Either you have a whole team that uses it or you lose.

Therefore, If this becomes a standard, It needs to be in Riots client. Not a 3rd party. Give everyone timers and voice comms. Have the ability to monitor player behavior and exploits. Or don't allow anyone to have it.

Drukyul

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pada1 View Post
you know there are already rumor'd last hit helper addons out there that calculates your AD and minion health to indicate which minion you can last hit. Is riot ok with that?
From what GC is saying, it seems Riot's answer is "is the community OK with that?"

I don't think we're gonna be getting more than a "maybe" out of them.

Pada1

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzimwhite View Post
I dont believe what curse voice has to offer should be in the game. This information should be taken advantage of if people CHOOSE to take advantage of it. It shouldn't be available for free. If no one timed baron/dragon or buffs then its their fault. To just hand someone free information is not necessarily wrong. But things like that is supposed to separate elo's.

Giving everyone the chance to have this information should come from RIOT. Not a 3rd party program. Because if people choose not to use it. Have a bad time using it. Have a bad person to person experience RIOT needs to be able to monitor those things. For example you need to report someone calling you a "insert whatever". Well you have NO PROOF. What is the purpose of reporting if you have NO PROOF. If RIOT Implemented this their selves, They could review the game and listen to what was said and who it came from.

This program will be mandatory such as Deadlyboss mods was in World of Warcraft. (Most) People that choose not to use it have a VERY BAD TIME. Others they can manage. The difference is the comm. You will see soloQ turn into a LCS Environment. Just like any meta it will trickle down from Challenger/Diamond players. I agree with teamwork and it being a team based game. But let me ask you this. Where does SOLO Q fall in after this is implemented? Curse Voice will removes the ability to climb elo by yourself once you hit a certain threshold. Either you have a whole team that uses it or you lose.

Therefore, If this becomes a standard, It needs to be in Riots client. Not a 3rd party. Give everyone timers and voice comms. Have the ability to monitor player behavior and exploits. Or don't allow anyone to have it.
Agreed, and as more and more addons come, you will need to install like 10 addons just to be able to compete like in WOW.