Forgotten champs who need visual touch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zakujay

04-18-2014

There is come champions out there like Mord (Lord of the pizzafeet) who needs visual updates badly.

Riot Whist

Associate Animator

04-19-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Don't worry, we are well aware of these things. I can't tell you how many times I hear "Ugh I wish we had the time to fix that ugly animation" or "I hope the VU for this character is coming soon"

The problem is there are a lot of things to do that take time to do right.

We don't want to release updated content that doesn't take into consideration what people love about a champion. We have a dedicated rework team working hard to fix up our old content. We do a lot of research, surveys, and play tests to nail down our visual updates.
If you were around for the Garen VU, I'm sure you'll remember the controversy over him not having an AA animation where he punches or not flipping when he attacks with Q. The smallest and seemingly unimportant things can be a big deal to the players. It's so hard to predict what makes a character lovable to each person and what might just be a knee-jerk reaction because something's slightly different. Turns out, Garen punching is still a topic of debate.

Morde will get a VU (and trust me he's not forgotten!), but in my personal opinion there are still a handful of other champions who need it much more.

Rioters are all players too, and we all feel the same pains. This is why the rework team was created in the first place.

A2ZOMG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Whist View Post
If you were around for the Garen VU, I'm sure you'll remember the controversy over him not having an AA animation where he punches or not flipping when he attacks with Q. The smallest and seemingly unimportant things can be a big deal to the players. It's so hard to predict what makes a character lovable to each person and what might just be a knee-jerk reaction because something's slightly different. Turns out, Garen punching is still a topic of debate.
What the hell? The only problem with Garen not having a punch is that a punch REALISTICALLY VISUALLY is more appropriate for his retardedly short 125 basic attack range.

I LOVE his new animations. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING GOOD, CAN I HAVE A RANGE INCREASE? I mean so, I actually feel like I use the entire length of his MANLY GIGANTIC SWORD OF JUSTICE?

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-19-2014

If you want some feedback in the current Morde, his pizza feet isn't so bad when compared to the dissonance between his ability's names and their appearances.

"Siphon of Destruction" smashes every target in a cone in front of him in the crotch with maces coming out of the ground rather than actually siphoning the life out of his enemies.

"Creeping Death" brings up imageries of insects or rodents inflicting death or something to the enemies. Instead it's a protective shield of flying metal.

"Children of the Grave"......I have no idea what I'm supposed to get from the name, not much to say there I guess. It isn't summoning zombie kids? :/

On an unrelated note, I think Miss Fortune is in an even worse spot in terms of datedness.

SaVaG3xTuRt1e

04-19-2014

Poor Morde, hue hue hue :c

Final Raid Boss

04-19-2014

Quote:
Morde will get a VU (and trust me he's not forgotten!), but in my personal opinion there are still a handful of other champions who need it much more.

Rioters are all players too, and we all feel the same pains. This is why the rework team was created in the first place.
heres my question: why are champions like rengar, gragas being prioritized over others? all these champs recently reworked were the last on my list of who needs one the most

Nightwraith

Recruiter

04-19-2014

Ryze needs a visual update please. Hes Highly op but his appearance is not Heh Heh.

AJUS

04-20-2014

Quote:
Don't worry, we are well aware of these things. I can't tell you how many times I hear "Ugh I wish we had the time to fix that ugly animation" or "I hope the VU for this character is coming soon"

The problem is there are a lot of things to do that take time to do right.

We don't want to release updated content that doesn't take into consideration what people love about a champion. We have a dedicated rework team working hard to fix up our old content. We do a lot of research, surveys, and play tests to nail down our visual updates.

Will Irelia get a visual upgrade? Oh and fix her attack animation, it's so weird.

Pro Anïvïa

04-20-2014

Quote:
can we at least get a traditional skin with his old punch/flip/Q sound/Q run?

Doppelganger17

04-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintBrad View Post
heres my question: why are champions like rengar, gragas being prioritized over others? all these champs recently reworked were the last on my list of who needs one the most
Because those other champions are actually played and are actually talked about. Morde hasn't seen any competitive play (for multiple reasons) in a very long time, so he's low on the priority list.